Author Topic: hair curlers  (Read 761 times)

Offline scouser2swife

hair curlers
« on: July 03, 2010, 20:24:16 PM »
Having been back in Liverpool for over a week now, something is really irritating me.Every time i have been in to the city centre, there are women wearing giant rollers in their hair.What is that all about?! I know women want to look glam for a night out, but do they realise how daft they look wearing full make up and curlers?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
hair curlers
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 21:29:02 PM »
When I was a child in Liverpool I can remember women walking around in curlers on a Saturday.  My Mother always said this was disgraceful.  So everything has gone around full circle.  I blame Colleen Rooney, have seen her in the papers with these large rollers during the day.  Has she not heard of heated curlers?

Offline cheers

hair curlers
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 02:18:37 AM »
It's a fashion statement - come on everybody!  they are saying 'Look at me, I'm going out!'  Worst is when they have the curlers in and wear their PJ's waslking around the supermarkets!  YUK!!  to me it just says 'SCRUFFY SODS!'

Offline scouser2swife

hair curlers
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 10:45:15 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by cheers

It's a fashion statement - come on everybody!  they are saying 'Look at me, I'm going out!'  Worst is when they have the curlers in and wear their PJ's waslking around the supermarkets!  YUK!!  to me it just says 'SCRUFFY SODS!'

Totally agree Cheers. It makes me wonder, having seen mums dropping their kids off at school in their pj's, if mum has actually washed or has she just rolled out of bed!! Makes my flesh crawl.

Offline marina

hair curlers
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 14:14:11 PM »
I can't believe young women have started to go out in curlers again!  Like Jacqui I can remember when I was young, all the teenage girls would wash their hair on a Saturday morning, put rollers in, headscarf on and head into town shopping.  

By the time they got home it would be dry and then would be the routine backcombing and half a tin of hair lacquer before going out on Saturday night.  (I know this because I watched my older sister by they way!)

There really is no need these days for going out like that - and as for going out in pyjamas, well don't get me started!!   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf