Author Topic: Taxis From The Airport  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Paul J

Taxis From The Airport
« on: July 19, 2010, 23:49:29 PM »
Hi Everyone
I am coming to Calis Beach and probably staying at Artemisia Apartments - I don't know if anyone has heard of them. http://artemisia-calisbeach.com  I shall right a review after....

Anyway can anyone tell me the best way to travel to the apartment?Realistically what should we be looking to pay?  I have been told the transfer shuttles drop you 8km away from the apartments.  Can anyone help?

I would really appreciate the advice from people that obviously know the area.

Cheers
Paul

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Taxis From The Airport
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 00:24:49 AM »
You can get a transfer (search the forum for transfer co's) or the transfer shuttle will drop you in Calis so you won't be anywhere like 8km away. Whichever you choose, don't turn up at Dalaman Airport expecting to jump into a taxi, the prices are terrible.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Taxis From The Airport
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 01:47:36 AM »
If you book a shuttle transfer with someone like City Hopper or Travel Republic they will drop you off and pick you up at your apartment providing you supply the correct address details. Cost - abt £14 per person return. The airport yellow taxi prices are around 40 quid one way,
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:48:45 AM by kenkay »

Offline Robw

Taxis From The Airport
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 06:39:51 AM »
We are paying £70.00 return for three of us with Orange. I do believe sunnyd a moderator on here offers £65.00 return. You could email her for a quote if you search her name in the members list.  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Taxis From The Airport
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 07:30:24 AM »
We use Sunnyd too.  Taxi is always on time and the drivers we have had speak English.  Shuttle will be cheaper but you have the inconvenience of waiting for everyone else to arrive and then dropping people off at their hotels.

Offline Paul J

Taxis From The Airport
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 17:29:40 PM »
Thank you everyone for all your kind suggestions.  I will try to contact Sunny G.
Best wishes
Paul

Offline tonysue

Taxis From The Airport
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 21:41:24 PM »
depends on the number of people in your party and if shared or private.
Just booked party of 5 private with orange £80 return, cheaper than a shuttle, but they do shared if only a few traveling. Cafe Pazar £30 one way private up to 4 passengers, also do share.

Offline carlossparky

Taxis From The Airport
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 18:29:55 PM »
Hi Paul i have just returned from Calis Beach i used Fethiye Airport Transfer (all one word). First class service and you dont pay until they drop you off at your accomodation and the rest when they drop you off at airport.Cost me 65.00 pound for 3 return.Carl

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Taxis From The Airport
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 19:04:26 PM »
All very confusing I guess,but we use A2B,they are part of Monarch airlines etc.We used them for my daughter last week and many times in the past.£10.00 each way To and from Calis and I think that covers fethiye as well.They are on the net,but I can give you the number if you have any probs. good luck Jon

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Taxis From The Airport
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 19:47:58 PM »
Not as confused as I am captainjon. I just looked up A2B on the strength of you post and they are quoting £ 106.60 return.

Can you explain please.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 19:50:34 PM by Highlander »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf