Author Topic: It's complicated!  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Jenny1

It's complicated!
« on: July 31, 2010, 15:42:11 PM »
Okay here goes, my partner/boyfriend (or whatever you call them when you are my age!)is finally coming to Turkey with me in Sept-WOO!!!
It's only took me 4 years to persuade him!
What's happened is: I had already booked my flights with Pegasus, when we looked at flights, there was no seats left and other flights around that date were so expensive. So how it has worked out is, he flys on Sat 25th Sept for 7 days. I fly out on Mon 27th for 11 nights (he can't get 11 days off). So it works out a double room for 2 people for 7 nights and 1 person for 6 nights.
The question is, do I try and explain this or am I just better off booking a room for two for the 13 nights?
I said it was complicated!  :-\

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
It's complicated!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 15:51:37 PM »
I would go for room only rates

Offline Jenny1

It's complicated!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 15:56:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by heather07

I would go for room only rates

Sorry Heather, what do you mean? Not with it at all today! lol  :)

Offline Jenny1

It's complicated!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 16:09:06 PM »
And now to top it all, the Area is not showing on any website anymore, it was last week! Have tried to email them at info@areaotel.com, as shown on their website but it comes back as failure notice, mailer-daemon etc, sure it's not meant to be! :(

Offline Julesp

It's complicated!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 16:28:50 PM »
I think as hotels usually, but not always, charge a premium for a single room anyway, you may as well book a double room for the whole 13 days, Ive tried to check online for those dates, tried On the Beach, Sunshine and Alpharooms, they all listed the Area Hotel but no availability.
The hotels phone numbers, if you want to try to phone, is
+90 212 511 74 10  
+90 212 511 78 67
 Or maybe someone else on this forum knows the hotel and could be of greater assistance
Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 16:33:47 PM by Julesp »

Offline Jenny1

It's complicated!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 16:53:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Julesp

I think as hotels usually, but not always, charge a premium for a single room anyway, you may as well book a double room for the whole 13 days, Ive tried to check online for those dates, tried On the Beach, Sunshine and Alpharooms, they all listed the Area Hotel but no availability.
The hotels phone numbers, if you want to try to phone, is
+90 212 511 74 10  
+90 212 511 78 67
 Or maybe someone else on this forum knows the hotel and could be of greater assistance
Good luck!

Right I understand now! lol, I thought it would work out best doing that, an also easier??  :)
I'll keep trying, thanks for looking!

Offline Christie

It's complicated!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 16:56:28 PM »
I would agree it would make sense just to book the room for the 13 days.  I am surprised everywhere is so booked up at the beginning of October - we have had to extend our stay by 3 days in October, but the hotels all appear to be full.  It might be that certain companies only have a certain quota - but I would have thought hotel bookings would be slowing down in October.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf