Author Topic: Safes and Seastar  (Read 2113 times)

Offline gemthehawk

Safes and Seastar
« on: August 20, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »
Hello,

I am sure it has been discussed before but I did a search for Safes and safe and as you can imagine it brings up a whole load of stuff.
Just 8 days to go so now doing the sensible stuff (budgeting, writing lists and more lists and spoiling the dog rotten out of guilt)

My first question is... are there safes available at Seastar aparthotel, i am thinking of giving them a call but if someone can tell me that'd be better. If you are not sure about Seastar inparticular how much on average do safes cost and do you think they are worth it? (from what i have read if burglars really want something they'll just take the safe with them!)! We don't really carry much cash so we'd want it for the camera and iPods etc!

Also air con, on average how much? TBH honest we survived Bodrum (50 degrees centigrade) without it as my hubby is from Africa and I'm very tolerant of the heat having spent time out there but it would be interesting to know how much it would be roughly if it turns out we've turned all wimpy.

Finally Seastar.... the only reviews I have read which are few and far between are ALL glowing.... this makes me suspicious  ;) Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed there or knows someone who has and what it is like. Every review state the owners 'can't do enough for you' which is great but no real indication or bar prices, food, what the kitchenette has etc (we plan to have one meal a day in the apartment!)

Offline Jenny1

Safes and Seastar
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 18:49:16 PM »
Hi, can't comment on Seastar as haven't stayed tbere, but on average I think air con costs about £3 per night?

Offline cazza

Safes and Seastar
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 19:36:46 PM »
I emailed Seastar earlier today to ask about safes as I am staying there in September.  If they respond I will post here.

Offline gemthehawk

Safes and Seastar
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 21:34:10 PM »
Thanks Jenny

And thank you Cazza that'd be great! When in September are you going to be at Seastar?

Offline cazza

Safes and Seastar
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 18:21:24 PM »
I'll be there from 24th September for 10 nights.  I can't wait to be back in Calis (first time to Seastar though!!)  It was £10 a week for a safe in the hotel I have stayed in before, and I thought it was worth paying out for that peace of mind.

Offline auroua

Safes and Seastar
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 07:34:12 AM »
 :)Hi stayed at the Seastar in June and are back in September.We had a safe which is in reception and also a/c.When we are back in sept prob not need a/c.Great place to stay.Not sure for cooking a meal.It is a good size apart but not a lot of cookin only two rings and a kettle.it is so cheap to eat out though.A/c was 3 euros a day.

Offline cazza

Safes and Seastar
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 10:07:25 AM »
Thanks for the info auroua.  Its good to know you are returning to Seastar, always a good sign.  I certainly won't be cooking any meals.  As long as there is a fridge for my Efes and Cankaya I am happy!!  3 weeks and counting!

Offline auroua

Safes and Seastar
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 07:37:16 AM »
Will see you then.Weare staying 18 Set for two weeks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf