Author Topic: Invalid rooms  (Read 2009 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Invalid rooms
« on: September 29, 2010, 10:43:01 AM »
Does anyone know if there are any hotels in Calis that have invalid facilities,thanks .
 8) ;)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Invalid rooms
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 17:26:35 PM »

hi Lance
Found this.   I have vague rec ollection of someone saying the Mutlu. Might be worth checking.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}30320&SearchTerms=disabled,access

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Invalid rooms
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 17:32:38 PM »
Do we still say invalid? I'm genuinely interested to know.

Mutlu as far as I know and also CBF member SteveJ has an apartment for private rental near the centre of Calis which has all the disabled access doobries and gubbins. You could contact him via his profile.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Invalid rooms
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 18:37:29 PM »
Never used it myself lately
An invalid scooter would now be a mobility scooter.

The emphasis is now on the positive and the word invalid would be seen as negative.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Invalid rooms
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 22:12:58 PM »
no, we dont use invalid anymore, the term is a person or an individual who has a disability.
others include fits - now seizures, deaf - hearing impaired, dumb- non verbal etc etc - all introduced by various Government documents and papers.
There are loads of new terminologies and political correctness, however I noticed that on the big by pass by us it says 'no invalid carriages'  :o

seems the various departments dont talk to each other, now theres a surprise!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 22:14:59 PM by kayakebab »

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Invalid rooms
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 17:57:04 PM »
Hi Lance, The Pelin Hotel has disabled rooms, I believe they have two.Also lift access to the upper floors.

Offline cathy h

Invalid rooms
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 21:23:16 PM »
Hi Lance,
My friend has a disability which means that she needs facilities which enable her husband to assist her with bathing facilities etc. This year they have used Steve J's apt in Calis which was great, as it has a bathroom totally designed for those with real mobility problems and all of the other rooms are also great for a guest who is totally wheelchair bound.Also access to Calis is along a flat road so ideal for wheelchairs.
The only other place that I know of with real disabled facilities is in Ovacik and is called Halcyon Days, which again is great. Not such great access to Hisaronu, but only because the roads are not ideal for wheelchairs.
There are others that I found that have ramps for access but the rooms are not wheelchair friendly. Hope this helps,
Cathy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf