Author Topic: TV Programme about Bella Casa Bodrum  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

TV Programme about Bella Casa Bodrum
« on: February 03, 2011, 11:53:27 AM »
There has just been a programme on TV about the Bella Casa hotel in Bodrum and the family involved had a terrible time at this hotel. Bloodstains on the bedding,the ceiling fell down in their apartment,bare electrical wiring and sofas not beds.Recycled food  served like slop.
Judging by a lot of reviews they were not the only ones. They were eventually moved to a clean pleasant hotel thanks to the television programmes intervention in the same resort but what puzzles me is how this hotel managed to be marketed in the first place by a travel company.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 15:27:35 PM »
The blood stained sheets weren't even a couple of spots, it looked like someone has burst in bed! Food looked repulsive and the staff attitude was reported as being rude and anything is too much trouble. Once again, a grot hole makes it to the main UK tv channels and shows Turkey to be almost opposite to what we know it as. People every week end up in hovels like that and unlike the rest of us who return again and again, Turkey never sees them again. Not good for business.

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 15:52:56 PM »
Saw this same programme yesterday (this is what being made redundant and unemployed does for you)  ;)

They were in Marmaris.  A family of 6 (four adults and 2 young children) had paid about £2900 for two weeks all inclusive.  

It was the same kind of story - dreadful conditions, inedible food, room keys which fitted a variety of rooms and a childrens playground (which had been an important factor in them booking this particular hotel) that was completely run down and unsafe to say the least.
Again, they were moved to somewhere better for the last 4 days of their holidy.

I know this makes for good tv viewing (apparently) but how do these hotels stay on the books of reputable British tour companies, I wouldn't stay within miles of these places.  (Well about as many miles as it is between Marmaris and Calis anyway!)

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a programme showing the side of Turkey that we all know and love instead of putting off potential holidaymakers with these horror stories.

Offline Foosey

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 20:23:16 PM »
What channel were these programs on? I missed them and would like to see if I can get them online.
Thanks

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 20:26:24 PM »
It's a daytime TV programme on BBC1 at 11 o'clock, it's called Save my Holiday.

Offline Foosey

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 22:10:33 PM »
Thanks

Offline southygirl

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 17:20:39 PM »
was having a quick look today at the forum and seen the posts,when I joined I asked the where abouts of shops as we were self catering and had a lot of very helpful replies from everybody, getting to the point!!! my daughter and I searched a lot of forums about calis and read the reviews good and bad about places to stay and made our own minds up. if we book a package next time I will search for the hotel and apartment reviews before booking, they are all on the internet, if a idiot like me managed it by googling and going by the amount of money they spent I certainly would have googled the hotel first.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 18:06:39 PM »
Yes I agree, it is possible to learn so much about a hotel on the net these days that there is nothing to surprise you when you get there - if you did your research. I get the feeling that the people who end up in these "hotels from hell" are generally not big internet users and definitely not good at research. The knock on effect is lots of complaints which doesn't result in improved standards - it results in the tour operators dropping the amount they are prepared to pay the hotel next year - which in return leads to a lowering of standard supplied from the hotel.

This is downward spiral is a reality of hotels and holidays today. You can see the same at the opposite end, as hotels move up the ratings at Tripadvisor and in reviews at Hotels.com and the like. The better the ratings they get, the higher the prices go.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 19:39:53 PM »
This programme seems to depend quite heavily on Turkey for content. Today's focused on a crappy hotel in Marmaris, and another section the poor family who lost their little girl on the Dalaman white water rafting tragedy. That was horrible to watch, really upsetting.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf