Author Topic: !Buying in Calis help me convice the parents!  (Read 6369 times)

Offline paul211b

!Buying in Calis help me convice the parents!
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:20:13 AM »
Having found Calis three years ago I am finally swaying my mum to look into buying a property.  She has a few reservations as it's a further trek than Spain where her sister moved but this is too expensive.

I am hoping to show her this site so if anyone who lives here can explain how great Calis/Fethiye is and what there is to do locally and further afield.  

Please can I get some standard living costs from you helpful people, such as food bill, average water, gas prices, and council tax etc?  Any hidden costs when buying property?

Very shortly we shall be coming over to visit a few estate agents, while looking for holidays I noticed that getting a flight later in the year is either really expensive £500+ or there are none.  This is a concern for her if there were any emergency in the UK.  
Can a flight be had all year round for a reasonable price?
Driving possible?

Do some estate agents still pick you up from the airport and allow you a free couple of days stay while looking?  I remember seeing a few of these offers while in Calis.  Has anyone used this?

Sorry for the all questions I am really hoping to show her that it's a great life out there with your help and comments, I may be able to sway my mum to make the step. (plus give me cheap holidays  :))

Many Thanks

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 09:05:40 AM »
You can still get what builders call "viewing trips" or as the should be more accurately named, kidnapped. You will only see their projects and not a cross section of what is available. You will have very little time where you are free to do things on your own. Certainly not to see anyone else. What we do is arrange hotel accommodation and transfers for you and if you decide to buy we take care of that as a gesture to you.

Other people will be better for some answers so I'll give you my two main tips. 1. Don't hand over a substantial amount of the money till you receive the final title deed, and 2. People buying to move over full time often regret buying on large complexes, so bear that in mind!

The convincing your parents bit is all down to you, good luck  :)

Offline paul211b

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 09:14:39 AM »
Thanks Scunner I think she will be using this as a holiday home so a complex would not be too bad.  I shall keep checking this site looking for everyone's comments.  thanks.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 09:18:33 AM »
Good advice is ask Scunner & Cenk who are agents and can be guaranteed to find you the property you want without any worry or hassle.  If you look on this website you will see the advert for Assured Estates.  They are the good guys you will be safe in their hands.
Don't be tempted by the viewing trips.
Use the search facility on this website for advise about flights, but I am sure lots of members will advise you.
We bought six years ago and never regretted it we love Turkey and Calis.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 10:03:01 AM »
It is possible to get flights all year round - but not always direct in the winter. Use a site like syscanner to view the whole year and you will be able to see when the cheapest flights are.   This winter you can fly from Antalya direct or to Dalaman via Istanbul. The first direct Dalaman flights are around the 27th March - Gatwick, Manchester and Bristol is the 28th.   I spent a few days in Antalya after my flight in December - they have some great shops.  Calis is lovely and flat so really easy to get around and lots of people have bicycles.  There is a local market on Sundays where you can buy fresh fruit and veg as well as household things and clothes.  There are some bars and restaurants open in the winter and in the summer it is a lovely holiday resort.   Most people are really friendly - it's cheaper and cleaner than Spain.  In the quieter season there are lots of new activities to try - salsa, line dancing, yoga and turkish lessons.  The views at sunset are beautiful :-)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »
Do you want a job? :D

Offline paul211b

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 10:14:39 AM »
What are the average living costs if I may ask.  Having spoken to a lovely couple in Anna's last time i was in Calis. I was shocked at how cheap the rates are.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 10:41:59 AM »
Nice one JH ! x

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 11:38:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Do you want a job? :D

I know someone in Calis who does!

Offline paul211b

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 11:43:58 AM »
Any more people want to give me some good stories about their time living in Calis.  What to do in the Winter months etc.  Cost of some bills per month.
thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf