Author Topic: air con  (Read 5417 times)

Offline kazakay

air con
« on: March 30, 2011, 20:14:52 PM »
Hi im coming to calis in may, need to get air con fitted in my apartment. Has anyone got any adivice for me on where l can purchase one and fitting or what make etc

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
air con
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 21:43:55 PM »
There are many places in Fethiye to get air con units from. From Migros to Eren Spot to the main electrical outlets and there are some shops that just do air con units.
Migros (or the supermarkets) offers are fairly reasonable pricewise and they fit for you but they are more the budget range. I fitted Daikin air con units in 2004 and they have been great until last year when 1 blew its main circuit board and it was only another £100 for a complete new unit rather than repair. I would go for a known brand ie Toshiba, Daikin, LG/Beko, Mitsubishi etc. rather than an obscure brand never heard of so you can get spare parts if you need them. I would also go for unit that heats and cools so its good for the winter and an 'inverter' model as they are cheaper to run than a basic on off model all be it they cost more in the outset. Shop around dont just pay the first price you are given.

Offline kazakay

air con
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 22:53:16 PM »
Thankyou so much , you have given me some good advice and help. Would l have to wait long for them to insall?like it is here in the uk

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
air con
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 23:56:05 PM »
Some may do same day if not probably the next day, Delivery/installation of things in turkey is second to none.
Try going into Curry's in the UK in the morning and ordering a washing machine for installation in the afternoon you wouldnt stand a chance. In Turkey you would no problem.

Offline Carpete

air con
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 22:08:02 PM »
Arcelik have a good website with English and Turkish text. We equiped out house from the UK online, used a credit card to pay (by phone) and they installed before we arrived. We bought everything from oven to hoover to aircon this way. This was in 2004 so I would imagine they are even more on the ball by now! You need to calculate the roomsize to get the right size air con unit of course too. Their site also carried all the instruction books in English too which is invaluable.

Offline Piscoe

air con
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »
I bought a unit a couple of years ago from the shop that is opposite Eren Spot (Sorry can't remember its name) It was quite funny because I said I want it installing straight away so they said "Ok, Now?" My reply was "give me a chance to get back". Their response "do you want a lift?" I went in the car with them, they installed it (very well) and even gave me a lift back into Fethiye as I forget that I needed something else.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
air con
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 13:30:27 PM »
Nice story, Piscoe.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
air con
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 13:38:03 PM »
You could always ask Engin for a quote from Fethiye Property Services. I have their email address if you want it.

Done quite a lot of work for us and 100% spot on and trustworthy.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
air con
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 13:44:26 PM »
Please also be totally sure that the people you buy the units from are intending to fit it too. I have seen some horrific electrical work done by total amateurs who were given the job of installation. One reason why using someone recommended to you is the best idea.

Offline peecee

air con
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 20:14:11 PM »
Don't you just love the service you get in Turkey:D:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf