Author Topic: Swapping ebooks  (Read 15281 times)

Offline SteveJ

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2012, 17:14:54 PM »
There have been numerous problems with the Tiscali email system since they upgraded it recently. I can see in my inbox that a number of people have sent emails to me but I can't open them. I've complained to Tiscali and their advice is to try again in 24hours so please be patient if you have requested ebooks from me. :)

Allybally - please send me your catalogue list, a word doc will be fine. BTW I got a delivery failure notification from my attempt to respond to your email and it said that the server used was a known source of spam - you may care to check this out with your ISP. Once I get back up and running I'l send you the full details.

Offline SteveJ

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2012, 11:31:22 AM »
The good news is that Tiscali fixed their email problems sometime during the early hours of this morning. The bad news is that their fix has wiped out both my inbox and sentbox so I'm going to have to rely on my memory about who sent me ebook requests. For those who don't know me, this isn't my best feature.

1.   Stoop - I'll email you this evening about the DRM stuff.
2.   DJM001 (Dave Moore?) - you can download the ebook catalogue from the link below this section.
3.   Allybally - you wanted a Terry Pratchett book but I can't remember which one, please email me again. Also send me your list of books so that I can add them to the catalogue.
4.   Someone wanted five or six James Patterson books - please email me again with the list.

If anyone else has email'd me since Sunday please resend your email.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2012, 16:28:18 PM »
To take a bit of pressure off Steve - whoever wanted James Patterson books email me and I will send to you.

Offline SteveJ

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2012, 22:00:44 PM »
Thanks for the offer Doug but it was all sorted last night. There seemed to be a flurry of requests which coincided with my email system going belly up but I'm back on the air now and all books have been dispatched.

Regards, SteveJ

Offline kaimitch

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2012, 22:36:45 PM »
i am trying to get hold of the ebook catalogue but it wont let me send personal messages can anyone help

Offline cheers

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2012, 02:03:51 AM »
You are a new member Kaimitch.  8)  

You can't send an e mail to members with just one post. Otherwise people would only think you had joined to get free e-books

Offline kaimitch

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2012, 09:31:37 AM »
Good morning Cheers,I have been a member for over a year now I am just a quiet observer and certainly did not join just to take advantage of free e-books.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Swapping ebooks
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2012, 09:45:15 AM »
Just to explain - the need to have made a certain number of posts before you can contact other members via the forum is not one to make members post, or to stop members contacting each other - it is necessary because we have people join (with no interest in Calis) who then start emailing everyone with spam rubbish before we even suspect a thing. Requiring a few contributions simply stops this happening completely - and that is for the good of everyone.

But with your last post kaimitch, you have made enough posts now  :)

Offline SteveJ

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2012, 12:16:32 PM »
Kaimitch - have you tried the link in the section below this one? You can just download the ebook catalogue from there.

Offline kaimitch

Swapping ebooks
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2012, 19:51:54 PM »
Thank you Scunner

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf