Author Topic: Interesting article about making a Turkish will  (Read 2837 times)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Interesting article about making a Turkish will
« on: December 11, 2011, 19:13:31 PM »
http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/component/content/article/138-wills/191509-the-ktln-kalkan-guide-to-making-a-will?directory=53

Keith: If this is not in the correct section please move it, wasn't sure where exactly it should go, had a choice of 4 that fit the bill!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 21:09:06 PM »
Saw it on Facebook earlier. There's some good advise in the article.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 22:41:35 PM »
Yes agreed very good points, unfortunately none will do you any good at all.  The courts will still want to say how the property will be divided.
4 years on, nearly £5k and still judges courts cannot complete, all this with a very costly Turkish Will drawn up be an inept local Turkish Lawyer (everything Legal), then again they are all the damn same, take your money and not a clue how to deal with the Will when the time comes.

RANT RANT RANT, [:(!]

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 22:57:22 PM »
I've seen your rants on this subject before Loz, presumed that this was new info & would put an end to the distress you are working through, is that an incorrect assumption? If so I'm sorry to get the blood pressure back up so close to Xmas!

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 23:06:33 PM »
You are not at fault at all, it is the bloody Turkish lawyers who say "yes no problem, very good idea, cross my palm with gold and platinum"
and those that say "you write you last wishes and we will make sure they are carried out" now that may look like English to you and many on this forum but what google cannot translate it to is:

"you write your last wishes and will take your money and do exactly what we want and then take more money to try to make them work, then take more money because the time limits have been reached and now we have to start yet again, so please pay the courts more money"

Offline Sus

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 09:11:54 AM »
Loz I am lost on all this, what has taken 4 years and still not been resolved, go on girl carry on ranting.

Offline Jenny Daly

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 16:17:21 PM »
Just wanted to say thank for adding this to the forum - it was really informative.  We are moving over in Feb.  We own our own property and have a Turkish Bank Account - although we have an English Will I had a feeling we would have to have a Turkish Will so we will get onto it right away.  Would anybody be able to recommend a good English speaking solicitor??  we will be living in Calis.  Thanks

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 19:13:39 PM »
Sus you did ask.  
{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}21169&SearchTerms=Wills,in,Turkey

A will in Turkey not worth the ink it is written with.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf