Author Topic: Medical insurance  (Read 37135 times)

Offline quackers

Medical insurance
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 09:51:32 AM »
I have found out today that all Turkish people must register for medical insurance now. If they do not earn enough money to pay for it there is a Social Security system in place and the Government will pay it for them. If they earn over the lower limit they will pay some money towards it on a sliding scale. However I do not think this will apply to us ex pats as when we applied for Residency we decclared that we had enough money to live on here.We gave copies of our bank statements.

Offline joannasal

Medical insurance
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 11:17:12 AM »
The question of mandatory health insurance for all came up in the Yes / No referendum held in 2010. The Turkish people voted Yes for it. As foreigners living here we were not given any option and also now not being given any accurate information. People i know in Bodrum are saying they need to pay 30 TL, Marmaris are saying 200 - 213 TL, here we are told 215 TL. Why should a single person pay the same amount as a family with any number of children? It seems to me that there are many open questions that are not receiving any answers, which is just resulting in mass confusion and worry. As I do not wish to be slapped with a massive fine i will pay the amount asked, however I do not agree with it and will leave registering until the very last minute in the hope that some clear information is released to all foreign nationals from the relevant authorities.

Offline hubblebubble

Medical insurance
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 12:41:54 PM »
quakers the amount you are asked to pay IS income related - for everyone!
if you dont declare income as less than twice the minimum wage (ie currently 1773tl)by the end ofthis month, then you are automaticly assessed at maximum payment due.
Many get residency via capital held rather than income, others are on less than full state pension, so this could be relevant as it would halve the amount due monthly.
Addtionally I believe income is split between the no of persons in a household - although presently common law relationships are not recognised this might help married couples.

Offline grizabella

Medical insurance
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 16:01:18 PM »
So,what do I need,where do I go to register and when?How do I prove my income?I get pension paid into account in scotland and dont have the books over here.

Offline quackers

Medical insurance
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 17:26:24 PM »
So if ex pats have less than the min income (1773tl) will they be eligible for a reduced rate/free payments as the Turkish people are.I ask becuse some of my friends are on a low income and this insurance may cripple them financially and force them to live here illegally by not registering for medical insurance or return to UK.

Offline Dutchie

Medical insurance
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 17:39:25 PM »
edit: it seems that the income for foreigners will be the fixed amount of twice the minimum wage. So the fee won't be income related.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 18:47:26 PM by Dutchie »

Offline quackers

Medical insurance
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 17:47:08 PM »
Thanks Dutchie I will pass that on to them.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Medical insurance
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2012, 18:42:24 PM »
I'm still not sure whether capital is counted as income or just the interest paid on it. If your pension is paid in the UK I also can't see how the Turkish authorities would recognise that income (assuming you were prepared to take the chance of not declaring it)

Offline kizkucuk

Medical insurance
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 18:49:04 PM »
I was told today that if you are not registered for Health Care you will not be able to renew your residency permit so they are going to get us one way or another  :-(

Offline Dutchie

Medical insurance
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2012, 18:51:57 PM »
I had written a reply to Quackers but I can't find it.

Anyway, I had written that I was under the impression that I had read that the insurance fee of foreigners was also income related but when I checked it, I couldn't find it anywhere. It says in the letter that the income of foreigners will be registered as a fixed amount of twice the minimum wage. The fee will be 12 procent over that amount so around 212 TL.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf