Author Topic: utility bills  (Read 2419 times)

Offline madmickey

utility bills
« on: January 22, 2012, 17:50:06 PM »
hi every body myself and my wife will be living in calas beach next year for good we are in engiand at the moment could any body tell me how much electric gas and water will be for a month we will be bying a 3 bed apartment

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
utility bills
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 18:37:45 PM »
Hi & welcome to CBFland. Utility costs are difficult to give precise answers, but as a guide 1) gas - there isn't mains gas here, most people use calor cylinders to power the hob, these last around a year & my last one was around 70 tl 2) water - on average c 10tl per month & 3) electricity - if you have an apartment where each room can be enclosed (eg your lounge isn't open to the hallway & front door) I spend around 30 tl a month during the summer, but I rarely use the air con, however, in winter my bill can be up to 200 tl a month, as I'm heating the apartment & needing to use the immersion some days for hot water. I have friends whose last bill was in excess of 400 tl (ouch), but their apartment is in the Karagozler area of Fethiye, where they get absolutely no sun in the winter.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 18:39:57 PM by Liz 101 »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
utility bills
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 18:53:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by madmickey

hi every body myself and my wife will be living in calas beach next year for good we are in engiand at the moment could any body tell me how much electric gas and water will be for a month we will be bying a 3 bed apartment

You'd have been better off asking how long a piece of string was.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
utility bills
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 22:01:54 PM »
It really is a difficult one - it depends on a lot of things including silly ones like how often you are in of an evening. Quality of build (and finish) play a big part too as properties were often built with summer in mind. Ceramic and marble floors are wonderful but you just can't get heat into them during winter for example. I even found that two semis joined to each other could be amazingly different in terms of temperature - where one got the sun all day and one was on the blind side for much of the day; and I'm talking about winter - it may be cold outside but direct sunlight really helps warm up the building.

You are going to need to suck it and see as so many things will impact on how much heating you need.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf