Author Topic: Kipa wok pan  (Read 4926 times)

Offline Libra

Kipa wok pan
« on: August 08, 2012, 22:44:43 PM »
The wok pan for 7.90 TL in Kipa is dangereous for your health. We made a shrimps dinner this evening , but realised some black particles in the food. First it looked like some burnt spices , but when we took the food into our plates , we saw that the black paint of the pan had dissolved and particles of paint were in our food.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Kipa wok pan
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 23:31:48 PM »
We've bought one too, used it first time tonight and didn't notice coating on food but noticed it's ome off when washing up.
Really  disappointed as it's a great size and seemed good value

Are you going to takes yours back?

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Re: Kipa wok pan
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 23:35:02 PM »
hi i would take it back and get a refund

Offline philrose

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 06:37:35 AM »
All iron/steel woks need to be seasoned before use and the ones they sell in Kipa have a protrctive coating on to prevent rusting, this needs to be removed before use.  Have a look here for more info...
http://asiarecipe.com/woks.html

Offline Libra

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 07:02:28 AM »
I'll go to Kipa and ask for an explanation. There was no warning or user guide etc describing seasoning. We bought 2 pans , both of their inner surfaces scratched differently. The shrimps we used was more expensive than the pan itself. The effort to prapare the food in this heat was no pleasure. As you finally take the food to your plates and think you can finally eat , you see coating particles in your food.

I don't think I would be pleased with just returning the woks and get back my money. This is playing with peoples's health. If they don't have a proper explanation , I will make official complaints.

Offline philrose

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 07:10:45 AM »
I agree, they should come with some instructions, but if they did it would probably be in Turkish. I wish you luck with Kipa as their customer service is terrible...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:22:50 AM by philrose »

Offline Libra

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 07:18:16 AM »
This is just the visible part. Who knows what chemicals also the coating particles contain. Made in China or PRC means "be carefull" to me , but I did not buy it from the market , I bought it from Kipa/Tesco. There should be a difference and I expect from them proper testing before selling.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 09:05:02 AM »
A large wok for 8tl... I agree that they should be careful about what they sell and yes it should explain how to seer it but I would seriously think cheap and nasty at that price. ??? ???

Offline Libra

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 08:16:07 AM »
Yesterday I gave back the pans and got back my money. They said , that there have been some complaints before , however they still did not withdraw the items from sale. I warned them again , I would complain wherever possible and I will do so.

Offline philrose

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »
If you want a decent wok the small kitchen shop at the rear of the fish market has them. Good size, heavy steel wok with wooden handle, about 20 TL...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf