Author Topic: Tourist numbers up, tourist spend down...  (Read 7447 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Tourist numbers up, tourist spend down...
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 22:35:44 PM »
I think you may be wrong about the A1's in Turkey John.  There are glowing reports of Lykia World, Majesty Tuana, Letoonia on T.A. In fact people go back year after year.  One woman writes about her 8th year at Lykia World and how she would go nowhere else.  It'a quite worrying really to think these people are never seeing the "outside Turkish world"   We had friends who stayed at the Tuana this year, first time in Turkey and loved it and would definitely go back.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 00:01:57 AM »
I have stayed at all of those at one time or another (apart from Lykia World - which is technically not all inclusive but is pretty much a resort you wouldn't need to leave). Letoonia and Majesty are fine - I'd go again (if AI was what we were after) but they are in no way of the standard of the Caribbean/Mexico.

The drinks selection, as mentioned, is very poor in both range and quality - even when compared with just across the water in Rhodes, where they make their own Bacardi spirit, whisky, most of them in fact, and they aren't half bad either! Even the wines were fairly good. Ask for a cocktail and they make you one - unlike the majority of Turkish AIs I've known who produce a 2 litre milk container of pre-mixed rubbish and pour you one from it.

I have no complaints about AI in Turkey as I have said previously - but even with your Letoonias and Majesty Tuanas, it's sufficient - not exceptional.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 00:14:01 AM »
I think you may be wrong about the A1's in Turkey John.  There are glowing reports of Lykia World, Majesty Tuana, Letoonia on T.A. In fact people go back year after year.

No, I'm not wrong in respect of the places mentioned to me over the past few months, none of which were local (Marmaris & Alstinkum mostly)  to this area.

I know there are some decent AI's in Turkey, but they do come at a price the budget conscious travelers may struggle to meet.   I spent a very nice day as a guest of a client at Hillside and that's one that'd be hard to beat... mind you, he was paying something ridiculous like £600/700 per day for him and his wife. 

JF

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 12:56:27 PM »
It'a quite worrying really to think these people are never seeing the "outside Turkish world"

I haven't seen a lot of Turkey Jacqui although I have been to Uzumlu.  ;D

Hope that doesn't make me a sad and/or bad person.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 13:07:35 PM by Highlander »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf