Author Topic: Not at all happy with Pegasus rentals  (Read 5449 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Not at all happy with Pegasus rentals
« on: December 03, 2013, 13:48:23 PM »
I've got to the stage in life where I seek a very peaceful existence, I often put up with things that 20 years ago I would have blown my top but Pegasus have weeed me off totally. ;D ;D

I arranged a 6 month rental with them and they delivered a car to the house on the 31st October. I was not impressed, the car had a cracked windscreen, damage to the back that  my six year old great grandson could have done a better job of repairing. Also the sides were covered in tar. They offered to change the car in a week or so but I kept it for the month and only asked for a replacement when the crack in the windscreen started to spread.

They delivered another car yesterday, I was busy in the garden at the time but had a quick  look and it seemed OK. I got to the the garage to refill this morning and noticed a wheel trim was badly damaged and the lining in the front of the wheel arch was broken and loose fortunately it was old damage but I was concerned about being blamed for the damage.

I took the car back to Pegasus and asked for an explanation and they just stated it was a hire car and would replace the wheel trim.

For a six month rental at this time of the year I would have expected them to sort out a decent car in the first place.

Am I being unreasonable? Rant over.

I'm now looking for car hire for the last 4 months of our stay.

DonM

Offline thebillet

Re: Not at all happy with Pegasus rentals
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 14:28:50 PM »
We have had decent rather than outstanding cars from them but I really didn't like the one they gave us that stank of cats.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 18:54:34 PM »
I've always been pleased with Oscar in Fethiye but ANY rental company
should be snatching your hand hand off Don. Shop around, hope you get fixed up.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 18:57:35 PM »
Try Fethiye Lovers Don - Jacqui has had cars from them and we have used their transfers - been reliable and great service for us

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 19:22:37 PM »
I dont think you are being unreasonable Dom. I do think the however hire firms will have old end of season cars and will not buy new until next season.
For a 6 month rental I would be expecting a tidy motor. I would expect them to pick out the best they have.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 19:30:26 PM »
I'm sure as bewva says they are all pretty shot after a season of short term rentals. But the best of them should be the offer - what difference does it make to them...

All that said, I bet either you got was way better than some of the cr4p that car rental companies were delivering just 10 years ago - they'd be heading for scrap in the UK...

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 21:56:21 PM »
I have nothing but excellent service from Metin, worth a phone call to see if he can help, last time I was given a day old Renault Symbol & told to "treat it gently", he is based in Hisaronu but will deliver, 0252 616 7936 or 0536 610 5505, hope you get it sorted.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 22:34:34 PM »
As Bluwise says, we always use Fethiye Lovers for transfers and hire cars.   We have used them on each visit for the last 5 years, also my family have used them too.  The cars we have had are always in good condition, no old bangers   We have always had excellent service from them and no matter how many great offers we see, we will not be changing to any other company.   

Offline helenb

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 08:18:27 AM »
Hi. I'm new to the forum having come to live in Ciftlik recently. We've had our villa here for years though and have always used Toronto rent a car in Hisaronu. Halil is reliable, meticulously careful with his cars, speaks good English and will deliver. Our many guests use him too and have always been happy with his service. His number is 0543 5644835. Give him a go!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 10:13:27 AM »
Thanks for all the replies, I've  now calmed down.  :)  :)

I've made a note of the details and will ring around later in the month.

DonM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf