Author Topic: Lira  (Read 50685 times)

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
Lira
« on: January 06, 2014, 13:50:18 PM »
im very interested to know peoples opinion on the way the Lira is going. what would peoples guess be on the price at the end of April?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Lira
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 13:56:07 PM »
The lira is going down. By the end of April it will be lower than today. [According to my faithful seaweed].

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 14:01:51 PM »
I'd take a look at the thread http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/banks_interest_money_transfers_insurance/just_hit_3.30_53532.100.html  I think a lot has been said there already.

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 14:03:06 PM »
The lira is going down. By the end of April it will be lower than today. [According to my faithful seaweed].

Ah fine guidance again from my Neo Iconclastic Broker and his ever faithful seaweed.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 14:19:49 PM »
ive read all the stuff, i was hoping people would estimate a guess in actual figures!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 14:34:03 PM »
S&L, you ask about next April. There are local elections in March. Will those elections demonstrate that:
A) The AKP is back in control of Turkish politics, the situation has been stabilized and the economy is heading into calmer waters;
B) The CHP has made massive strides, the AKP's days are numbered and the economy will soon be under new control;
C) The AKP has split into Erdogan and Gul factions with considerable in-fighting, no opposition party has emerged as a credible alternative government, political uncertainty has massively increased and foreign investors and bond-holders are fleeing the country;
D) Some other outcome - please specify.
If you can say what the outcome will be you can give people a good chance of predicting where the Lira will be.

Then we'll have to consider the impact of all of this on the Presidential elections of August 2014.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 14:42:04 PM »
i give up!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 14:49:28 PM »
Good idea! But if you want more perplexity you could try this extraordinarily gloomy prognosis for Turkey 2014 from the Turkey Pulse column in Al Monitor (always thought provoking but not necessarily reliable):
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/01/erdogan-elections-power-struggle-kurd-gulen-syria.html#

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 14:53:49 PM »
Based on how long is a piece of string, the economic stupidity levels of this government, the ever changing political environment, international currency speculation, and of course the faithful seaweed guide, I'd say, if I was a gambling or speculation man, that the lira has further to fall ... now how much will depend on said length of string, stupidity levels, politics, and wetness or otherwise of seaweed... I'd therefore take a punt that it will fall somewhere south of 3.8TL to £, but for a more accurate assessment I'd look at the TL to $ or euro rate.

As a certain Mr K Marx noted:

It is absolutely impossible to transcend the laws of nature. What can change in historically different circumstances is only the form in which these laws expose themselves.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 18:51:58 PM »
Didn't you go off with the money in last year's competition scott and lisa  :)

I'll go with whatever you say this time  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf