Author Topic: Facebook - Love it ? Hate it ?  (Read 7043 times)

Offline LeeGlo

Re: Facebook - Love it ? Hate it ?
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 18:24:43 PM »
I was on it ages ago and then opted out. Just recently re-joined, it's changed a lot over the last few year. No I don't want to see a list of "people I may know" thanks. I'm quite happy to be "friends" with people I DO know.

It is useful for sharing the everyday trivia and photo's but do I like it? No not really. I'd prefer to e-mail my friends but some of them "do" FB much more frequently than they check their e-mails.

Offline zest

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 19:52:50 PM »
Mmmh interesting question :-) I am only friends on Facebook with my close friends & family (including children & their friends) I do enjoy reading the funny posts & inspirational affirmations but do I want to see what someone is having for their lunch? Not really lol!

My mum is 85 & has contacted old school friends & family miles away who she would never had been able to track down. I also use it mainly for my business, as Social Media in this day and age seems to be a must.

Another friend has her mother living with her who has Dementia & she would be lost without Facebook as she cannot leave the house very much & keeps in touch with the outside world & finds it a great outlet (though she hates mobile phones!)

So all in all I feel Facebook has it's place :-)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 19:59:39 PM »
Am on facebook by accident as I wanted to play one of the silly games, and going through facebook was the easiest way, however I only have a few friends (I don't want any more) and I don't want to be sent messages by friends of friends, or feel pressured to add my photo or any more personal details.  I cant be doing with bits of conversations and trivia from people I don't know.  However I do enjoy CBF and hope Facebook never is responsible for its demise!!

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 20:00:23 PM »
I do use Facebook a lot as that's where I communicate with people who say "where the flip's Calis?"
Like many others, I keep my friends circle very small but have a darn good nosey at what non-friends are saying and doing just so I can either laugh or tut at them ;D
I hope there will be a place for both for a long time to come.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 20:52:12 PM »
Ah, The Mary Whitehouse way of looking at the world.

"I've never watched it, but people enjoy it, so it should be avoided".   ;)
Do you need to be directly involved in a car crash to know it is a painful personal experience?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 21:02:53 PM »

This

Remember all those smaller independent retailers we used to see on the high street?  Then along came large national retailers such as Asda, Tesco etc and they are virtually no more.

Substitute those little shops with community based web sites such as CBF and the national retailers with Facebook.  I think we know how it ends...

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 21:19:48 PM »

Do you need to be directly involved in a car crash to know it is a painful personal experience?

There's nothing like confusing the issue by comparing apples and oranges.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 22:19:07 PM »

There's nothing like confusing the issue by comparing apples and oranges.
No confusion on my part, nor indeed should there be on the part of the informed reader, it's a simple analogy. 

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 07:25:53 AM »
I too would be gutted if Cbf went no question,however I too love Facebook,I only originally joined it to keep in touch with my son who was off to Australia for a year and then found It entertaining and loved having a good old nosey at other people's photos etc..
Fb is also a great way to post what you want people to "hear and see" myself and one other person are both having horrendous work problems and we both know for a fact that we are being "spied on" on fb and things are being reported back to our work places...
I for one hope Cbf continues for a very long time to come thank you very much for Cbf Keith  :)

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 07:39:02 AM »
Without FB I would not have found out that my youngest son got married last year, in Olu Deniz.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf