Author Topic: 120 Day Rule for New Residence Permits  (Read 21493 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
120 Day Rule for New Residence Permits
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:19:38 AM »
Received the following from YellAli today. If this is implemented our stays in Turkey will be a thing of the past. Our present permits expire in December 2016

"120 Day Rule for New Residence Permits
Don't forget you can only spend a maximum of 120 days outside of Turkey within the year, otherwise your new residence permit will be cancelled.
*According to the new law on foreigners - Law No.6458, you will not be able to renew a residence permit once it has been cancelled. *YellAli is currently awaiting confirmation whether or not this will be enforced."

DonM

Offline LeeGlo

Re: 120 Day Rule for New Residence Permits
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:36:08 AM »
There seems to be no end to the chaotic lunacy that pass for residency laws here.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:12:50 AM »
We too are waiting to find out if this will be enforced.  As it stands, there would be no point in us going to the expense of having a new rental contract drawn up, having it and proof of our income notorised only for our permits to be cancelled.

We will wait and see, ours are due end of March 2015. Will probably take a Visa at that point, if there are any changes whilst we are there we will take residency.......if not we will reduce the time spent there and use Visas.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
Will this law (if enforced) apply to all foreigners who divide their time between living here, their home country or elsewhere I wonder?  I am really of the opinion that this current political administration is  becoming more and more racist in it's treatment of ex-pats who abide by Turkish law and make significant financial contributions to the local economy.  We are no drain on their system, we pay our way but we're not an infinite source of money for them.  Many will see this as the straw that broke the camel's back and will take what they have and move on and the Turkish authorities will have no one to blame but themselves for this exodus.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 14:45:43 PM »
Quite agree with CleopatrasAsp, not very accommodating are they. Wonder what hoops Turks have to jump through to get a permit in the UK, and if it's rescinded if they are out of the country for 120 days.

We live here and plan to take out another RP this year, but we are always wondering what they will throw at us next year.

We're already looking at Northern Cyprus as an alternative - they seem much more welcoming over there.

Marggie - you don't need your rental agreement notarized - I checked this with Yakup Yilmaz the other day.

Offline davybill

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 15:30:51 PM »
But you do need your rental agreement translated,to Turkish if its in English,

Offline Marggie

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 15:38:27 PM »
Thanks for that Gloria.  Our current agreement is in Turkish, one of my Turkish friends came to the lawyer with us and went through the contract carefully before we signed so it would appear that it will just be our income that will require notarising.

Will still have to wait and see how things pan out.

Offline quackers

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 06:48:32 AM »
Income notorısıng?. I just gave a copy of my bank statement.

Offline JambeckGill

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 07:10:59 AM »
I have been sending messages of concern regarding the 120 day rule to various forums, YellAlli, GDMM and the Embassy for the past few weeks.What it needs is for more people to express their concerns to the appropriate authorities on the restrictiveness of this rule as I personally think it may assist in prompting a change, in a similar way to the change in health ins for the over 65. I have been on Doc Martins' surgery for expats and he has been helpful suggesting a 6 month TR   - Doc is also in direct contact with the Turkish Consulate so his information is pretty reliable.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
Income notorısıng?. I just gave a copy of my bank statement.

If you use your your state pension as proof of income you must have the letter from the Department of Work and Pensions notarised.   We no longer keep much money in a Turkish Bank.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf