Author Topic: Looking to buy but first, a few questions  (Read 15593 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Looking to buy but first, a few questions
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 09:06:27 AM »
I shall move this to the Buying Property in Turkey section

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 09:20:47 AM »
In ten years we have bought and sold four properties through Cenk and Olga at Interturk Estates excellent service.
I know many people who have purchased through Goldenmoon Mete the owner is a good honest guy to deal with.
We live 15 mins walk from the sea front and have farmers fields all round us.
The first two properties we purchased were off plan new developments, with hindsight I would never buy new again, there are some excellent value resale properties, without the extra costs involved buying new ie. security bars mossie nets furniture etc.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 09:36:24 AM »
My Turkish husband and I are coming to Calis on Sat for the first time in the hope of viewing some properties. We have never been
to this area before always Antalya or Marmaris and wanted to see somewhere different. What we have seen and heard on the internet is
generally good feedback and will be taking all the advice on board we have been given on this forum. Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
And maybe we will get to meet some nice people when we arrive there  :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum Ian and good luck with your plans.
Make good use of the forum.  There really is a wealth of information here and I'll bet my bottom dollar
everything you want to ask has been covered already by someone as eager as yourself to have a little piece
of Turkey for themselves.  Anything you don't find then shout and someone will know the answer for sure  :)
Most of all have fun, it can be stressful but if you follow all of the advice on here you should be fine.
Good luck

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 09:56:29 AM »
The thing we loved about Calis is how accessible fethiye is, Water Taxi, walking,Taxi, dolmus. if we moved there we would defiantly buy bikes.

We dont know the area that well, but Calis and surrounding areas will be hopefully top of our list when the time comes.

Good luck

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 10:04:10 AM »
Certainly will make good use of the forum, Anne. In fact, I feel that I've spoken to you all as potential neighbours in the last few hours more than I've spoken to my exsisting neighbours in the last few weeks. Another reason to take the plunge!

And apologies, Scunner, missed the 'Buying in' forum the first time, will follow this thread from here.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 10:09:22 AM »
I wish I had a pound for every time this question has been asked, but fear not " It has to be done". We asked exactly the same questions on here when we wanted to buy last year. Firstly get a good agent, Cenk and Olga did everything for us and I mean everything, no need to get a solicitor involved unless you feel safer doing so and want to pay the extra. Secondly do you want to live away from everything in a quiet area or do you want to live nearer a town where everything is at hand. We chose the latter as we are "Townies"at heart. Spend time on your own exploring possible places which you would choose to buy, and if you fancy an apartment on a complex (like we did) go onto the complex and talk to other owners and ask questions, in other words be bloody nosey. Something that you need to take into consideration is, are there any shops within walking distance? Very important to us. We are near the Sunday market and love the place. Wouldn't swap it for a gold pig. Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 10:17:47 AM »

And apologies, Scunner, missed the 'Buying in' forum the first time, will follow this thread from here.

It's not a problem, it just makes it easier in future if people come looking for buying info.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 10:37:15 AM »
Hi Ian and Sian, welcome to CBF. you wont go far wrong with Cenk and Olga, as you say you have,nt been to this area before, why not try renting long term 1st. 6 months or a year to get an idea of the place at different  times of the year and how the weather will suit you and what is open and shut out of season etc, its what I did before I made my decision.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 10:46:39 AM »
Why would they rent somewhere for 6 months first Des? They don't appear to be moving there so it might be a bit pointless for 24 weeks out of the 26 :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf