Author Topic: Gaza and Israel-- will there ever be peace?  (Read 3556 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Gaza and Israel-- will there ever be peace?
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 09:40:53 AM »
I have to say that like most people I find the events happening in Palestine dreadful but neither do I condone Hamas firing rockets into Israel.

My point in this debate is a question "Is the worlds focus on this conflict justifiable or a convenient smokescreen?"

The reason for my question is that I'm staggered at the seeming lack of reaction in the Muslim world about the thousands of Muslims being killed by fellow their Muslims known as the Islamic State. Why aren't Muslim Countries forming an alliance to stop this slaughter?

I read a report recently which surprised me, the conclusion of which was:

“Some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.”

I find that staggering

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 13:05:21 PM »
Sad to say that as I may have mentioned before a lot of the Islamic World is relatively "new" in that the
society is in the main primitive, tribal, and a personal view, but adheres to medieval ideas and laws. They simply
have not evolved. In Saudi Arabia I was told with some glee that it "serves those Kuwaiti's right" when Saddam Hussein invaded
Kuwait, the Saudi's don't like the tribe, particularly the Wahabi dislike them (Tribal). Only when they realised that having publicly
supported USA/UK etc. and committed to joining the assault (not that they did much  :) ) that they were possibly next, did they suddenly
panic! (As they are now, didn't care about ISIL --- until they saw an ISIL map with them as part of it!). Now suddenly there is a "fatwa" announced
against people going to fight with them.

Syria is dominated by minority religious Tribes such as the Alawites (Assad is an alawite), other Shia sects and the Christians
who realise that they need the protection against the Sunni who would dominate with ISIL now controlling that group. They all
take the word of their religious texts as fact an no interpretations, so, if in 1514 it said it was right to behead people who wouldn't accept Islam
and rape their wives and daughters (which is happening) to impregnate them they deem it correct today.

Not really ever having had unified non-tribal governments (funny that Saddam's was the closest!) and secretly all hating each other, with all the money
to buy weaponry they cant use, and having completely forgotten how to fight, (unless drug fuelled religious fervour hypnotised), they simply cannot co-operate against any threat. There is in my view one big difference between Islam and other religions, they teach love and tolerance and Islam teaches fear and intolerance. That alone ensures conflict for many, many,  years and no real Unity.

When they have evolved, they will change. Whilst I am obviously not a fan of Islam -- and yes I read the Koran -- where it has been subject to some interpretation it does not generally create such tensions.

So, tragically, meanwhile millions of Muslims will continue to die while a goal of World religious domination that simply cannot succeed but
is part of the written religion exists. (be aware that ISIL are disobeying the Koran there as it clearly says that Christians and Jews are to be respected!

Israel and Palestine probably cant co-exist as two states, they might as one ------- but not while they cant even agree amongst themselves, Hebron and Gaza may as well be a million miles from each other.

Sadly, this will go on -- and on as the human animal in that part of the World ---evolves!

Now Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia in the main have evolved much faster so although Islamic states don't agree with extremists,
try to be less Tribal, (yes I know the kurds!) and seem to co-exist in the World reasonably well.

Soon I wont be able to write things like this as because of our apathy and inaction in the "west" our new ISUK government
wont allow it and will have confiscated all technology.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 14:02:11 PM »
Interesting and informative response John, from what you say it sounds like the fears of some in the western world who believe that one day Muslims will wage war on the rest of the world need not worry for the time being at least.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 15:25:52 PM »
I've just watched Obama at a press conference in Estonia, stating that the US would not allow a country
to be invaded and have their land stolen. He was accusing Putin/ Russia.

Perhaps someone should tell him who is funding the theft of land and assets of Palestine by the Israeli's.

Hypocrisy  at it's best.            >:(

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 19:13:14 PM »
Well said Kevin.  America has the right to go into the middle east to supposedly bring peace but while there why not take everyone's oil!

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 12:54:08 PM »
So, I guess it was equally right for the Arab League (Palestine, Jordan, Egypt, Syria) to attack the Jews in 1948 to
"push them into the Sea" (the first reason why the Palestinian Arabs are displaced, they ran away while the "Arab League"
fought so they could come back and take all the Jewish lands) and to attack them again without provocation in 1967?

Hamas has refused to accept the right of the Israei's to exist, and if you buy an Atlas in Saudi Arabia the sea covers all the land of Israel
or it has been blacked out!

America has not made the best job of interfering in the Middle East, had hoped they would have learned from Britain and France when they
created the maelstrom, but they obviously haven't! ISIL is different, this is a cancer that can only be eradicated by force, and I hope that everyone
gets involved to destroy ISIL totally.

Well, whether Obama is a Hypocrite or not, with shale gas America is no longer so reliant on Middle Eastern Oil, perhaps we will get peace
finally when the oil is gone and the Tribes" have to get along with everyone to survive.

Peace in our time? I doubt it sadly!

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 10:47:36 AM »
what a history and no mention of the king David Hotel !, to many people not enough land. Return back to the borders of 1967? but wait a minute they have (Israel) have build on them. this is a running sore and I can see no end.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf