Author Topic: Turk Telecom - servis yok  (Read 5385 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Turk Telecom - servis yok
« on: August 09, 2014, 13:06:05 PM »
Thought I would share my tale of woe & if anyone has any (sensible) ideas, please feel free to share

21st July - phone (&, hence internet) line not working

22nd July - report to Turk Telecom, they say it's my end

23rd July - Bayram checks both house & at box & gets zero readings

24th July - Go to TT office & report to technical, they say they will come either today or yesterday (sic!)

25th July - still down

28th - 30th inc - Ramazan Bayram

31st July - Go to TT office & report to technical AGAIN, say it will be fixed today

1st August - Go to TT office & report to technical AGAIN, say it is cable problem & someone will come today

4th / 5th August - Go to TT office & report to technical AGAIN, say it is cable problem & someone will come today

6th August - Give them a day's grace, 'cos I'm doing Fethiye 2nd hand market for 3C's

7th August (10am) -  Go to TT office & report to technical AGAIN, say it is cable problem & someone will come at 2pm, but I must be at home

7th August (15:45) - Go to TT office & ask why nobody came. They say, don't know & (pretty much) don't care. I ask why, if the problem is outside the house I need to be there at all. In essence was told that if I don't like it to ask customer service. Do so & get much the same answer.

9th August - borrow a dongle

I really don't know what the heck else I can do, any ideas folks???

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Turk Telecom - servis yok
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 13:11:04 PM »
Ha..snap..first rang 15th july. Internet keeps dropping out..said techinal will fix it..keep phoning, leave internet open. They are unable to give a time day month or year as to when..hopeless service. Internet speed 0.8 or summat.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 13:22:10 PM »
At least you have some internet to drop out! I have now DSL connection whatsoever

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 13:56:43 PM »
It went off altogether yesterday, rang them and whatever they did it came back on.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 14:06:40 PM »
Long shot - although I know you are not a tourist - but could a call to the 170 number help as they (TT) never like things being looked in to or other " officials" getting involved!

Ps  you could also get blacklisted :-)

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 14:31:06 PM »
Much a similar story, TTnet said it was our cable and to get electrician to fix, electrician (Bayram) came said he could not touch it as it was ttnet's cable, went into ttnet called Bayram and he spoke to them, they said they would send technician, technician came and still insisted it was our cable. I asked if they could put new cable in for me, they said no it needs to be electrician, I ask if I can pay for completely new line, no. So have had phone disconnected, as the phone line had not worked for 2 years (never used it as it was only for the internet.

The cable by the way comes down the ttnet pole and then is underground through a Belediye park, under a road, along the boundary wall (in the road outside the property), under the driveway and appears in the communal stairway. It's a good 100m away. (Sketch attached hopefully)   :)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 15:23:51 PM »
Both CEOs of TTNET and Turk Telecom have twitter accounts. Bombard them with bad news tweets and I promise it will get sorted pretty quickly.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 15:45:10 PM »
Terrible organisation, with a private monopoly of telephone and data services across the country with no real competition or any regulation, I believe your experience is common place.   >:( >:( >:(  They can even out shame BT.

Rimms is right social media is the way to shame th leadership TT and its other persona TTNET, but it is always making sure that you have rthe fault registered/recorded, and the best way I have found of doing this is to report it using the online service (in english) on the TT website.

You have my deepest sympathy for your loss and frustration, because I've been through it with them myself (and indeed TTNET) good luck and I hope you are back in service soon.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 17:30:01 PM »
Do you have a link to that please but?

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 18:31:34 PM »
I sent them tweets showing my pathetic speed test results and questioned if they felt that my monthly bill was good value for money. I also fed back their mission statement about bringing high speed internet to everyone in the country. Suddenly, TTNET started following me on Twitter and magically, my service improved.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf