Author Topic: Vinn internet dongle  (Read 15521 times)

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
Re: Vinn internet dongle
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 17:05:19 PM »
Good news Kevin.  On another thread people were being asked for as much as 350 lira at a different shop.

Yep - I started at 380 in the first shop (including 29TL connection charge !!!!)

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 17:08:25 PM »
Can you check online how many GB you have left ?

Offline Marggie

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 17:18:44 PM »
Don't know how to check online but if you take your Sim out of the wi-fi, insert it in your Turkish mobile and send the following text message to 2222 you will receive a response advising you of the remaining gb. Message should read KALAN MB

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 17:36:13 PM »
Marggie - I have a vodaphone mobile and the 2222 doesn't seem to work but I never tried putting the Turkcell sim in the phone !!!

Kevin - you type into your browser 192.168.1.1 - you can do this from your laptop / tablet etc - then use admin and admin as your username and password and you will then enter the control area of your modem / mifi - from here you can see various things including statistics BUT don't change anything unless you are confident of what you are doing :-)

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 18:16:31 PM »
Thanks Ian

Offline Marggie

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 18:33:45 PM »
Ian, probably wouldn't work in a Vodaphone mobile.

Have tried checking online by entering 192.168.1.1 this takes me to a screen which welcomes me to the Quick Setup Wizard to confugure my device quickly. When I follow this through I get the following message "This action will disconnect your WLAN connection. Do you want to continue?"  Don't know whether I should continue or not!??

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 18:39:47 PM »
Hi - currently in the UK - so difficult to do from memory but is there not a statistics option somewhere without having to do that? I think it means temporarily disconnecting your signal but don't do it and when I am back towards the end of this month I can check it for you :-) I can access my statistics without going through that process but can't remember if I had to do it once - initially - must be age !!!!

Offline Marggie

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 19:04:08 PM »
Thanks Ian, I didn't do it. There is no statistics option it takes me straight to the configuration stage

We are going back to the UK shortly as well for a short spell.  When in the UK if I use a 3 store Sim, it is really easy to find out my balance. 

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 19:37:12 PM »
Yes - it is one of the only downsides that getting your balance is not easy in Turkey but I have a feeling my phone will give it me if I put the Turkcell sim in and do the 2222 - so thank you :-)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 21:55:28 PM »
From memory....if you type in 192.168.1.1 then select the SMS option you then send an SMS to 2222 with the message KALAN.
You then get a message back (in Turkish) giving you your balance and telling you when it needs using by.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf