Author Topic: new turkish law  (Read 4517 times)

Offline micky mouse

new turkish law
« on: February 17, 2015, 12:01:17 PM »
I have just renewed my dask and house insurance with intersure who has advised me to always carry a copy of both the documents as under a new turkish law they have stated that when paying for your electricity you will in future be asked for these documents at there office,and should you not have them then they will disconnect your electric supply.This memo has just come to me by post with my renewal certificates ,so be aware.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: new turkish law
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 12:37:25 PM »
Perhaps best to get the Bank to pay it for you?

Offline snowtop

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 12:46:25 PM »
I do, it saves the hassle of having to go and  wait in queues

Offline kawasakikid

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 16:23:25 PM »
I of course, do not question you received this information Micky Mouse however, just a couple of points come to mind...

1) If this ruling applies to everyone who pays their bills at the Aydem office, then I should imagine that over 90% of people will have their electricity cut off as most Turks will not have such insurances;

2) If this ruling only applies to foreigners, then it is blatant discrimination and;

3) If you pay via the bank, then how will this information be checked?  If it is not checked, then the ruling is ridiculously easy to circumvent.

Like most new issues in Turkey, the proof of the pudding is in the eating!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 17:08:11 PM »
I have just renewed my dask and house insurance with intersure

The source gives it away.  They obviously want a higher take up in DASK sales.

The law is, and has been for a while, that when applying for a new supply you had to show a DASK policy - actually, I'm not sure it is even a law, just a regulation in respect of new utility supplies.  Some provinces want to see DASK when buying/selling, some don't. 

Bear in mind that DASK, while recommended, isn't a day to day legal requirement (unless there's been a new law recently).

Loads of Turks have neither DASK nor insurance so its a non starter from the get go.

JF

Offline Steve A

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 17:34:57 PM »
The bank renews my DASK each year and I have never bothered to pick up a copy

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 19:38:57 PM »
Worth picking it up, then you'll know its been properly renewed.  I know of one bank who have (did have at least) a habit of "renewing" policies, i.e. taking the money from your account, but in actual fact the policy was never renewed with DASK.

JF

Offline Steve A

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 19:53:42 PM »
Cheers John I will check in May

Offline yabanci

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 11:28:17 AM »
always carry a copy of both the documents as under a new turkish law they have stated that when paying for your electricity you will in future be asked for these documents at there office,and should you not have them then they will disconnect your electric supply.
Well I have just paid my Electric Bill for February at the main Aydem Office behind the Esnaf and the only thing they asked me for was the 170 lira to pay the bill.Also nowhere in that bill or the last one was there a 40 lira surcharge to pay for other peoples unpaid electric.

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 17:29:35 PM »
We pay ours at the PTT in Gunlukbasi no problems at all, we paid ours yesterday.
Forgot to say also we rent our place and the insurance is dealt with by our landlord and he has all the paperwork for that, and the electric is still in his name as well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf