Author Topic: kismet Bar  (Read 3341 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
kismet Bar
« on: April 13, 2015, 18:52:32 PM »
Very upset today to read that The Kismet bar have finally had to admit defeat and leave their bar. After fighting the closing for so long they will be leaving on Friday.. I really hope that they get a good send off.. The amounts they have raised for charities over the years runs into thousands of lira.Never turning down a request from any Charity for help. .Many of their customers have become well loved friends and their staff are like family too them... The strip is going to be sadly missed and it will never be the same without The Kismet.. If you are here on Friday go and see Ian aka/ Paul Wynter and Nigel/ aka Tiger Lily performing...This will not be the last we see of them I feel sure.. Loads love guys.. Anne and Barrie. xx .

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: kismet Bar
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 21:54:46 PM »
Very sad to see the strip go - it was an important part of the Fethiye many of us lived in and around, wonky buildings and all. I guess it will be replaced with glossy new straight buildings and a little more of the Fethiye many of us fell in love with is bulldozed in the name of progress. Strip gone, amphitheatre rebuilt, they'll be fitting double glazed patio doors on the rock tombs next.

It is horrific how the whole demolition has been carried out - Kismet Bar carrying on without any information on their fate, as neighbouring blocks were reduced to rubble one at a time, getting ever closer.

Their final stand has been defiant and dignified throughout. As all final stands should be. I hope their final final stand on Friday brings the block down  ;)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 23:10:51 PM »
  " The day paradise put up a parking lot "    :(

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 08:03:06 AM »
End of an era but a great night was had by all   :)

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 19:45:43 PM »
I posted earlier asking if anybody knew if the Kefal or Deniz restaurant had moved to or if they had just closed following their demolition.  I guess the post was in the wrong section or it somehow contravened something as it look like it was removed.

Anyhoo as Kismit is in the same predicament does anyone know the fate of the neighbouring Kefal fish restaurant or have any contact details ?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 19:50:53 PM »
It's still where you posted it. I suspect you got no replies because no one knows. 

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=57978.msg392402#msg392402

JF

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 20:04:17 PM »
Thanks.  I must go to Specsavers !  :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf