Author Topic: Turkcell Mifi  (Read 18766 times)

Offline tails77

• Newly Registered
Re: Turkcell Mifi
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2015, 20:59:58 PM »
Think you only need to show your passport, if you are buying a simm card. If Carrefour near Otogar, there are a couple of Turkcell shops.

Offline Rayza

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 13:47:06 PM »
Ian. Top advice again. Went into Turkcell  shop next to Carrefore  in Fethiye , showed a picture of  you link with Internet price of 125TL. They agreed to match the price, was quoted 150TL so purchased unit for 125TL, plus SIM card 41TL, and 79TL  for 10gb of data , 245TL in all. Really good service, set up my I pad whilst we waited to make sure all was fine. Also explained about topping up the SIM card. Let's see how we get on.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 14:35:51 PM »
Rayza - good to know - remember when I said 10 GB will last me 3 months that is how long you have to use it but on average if NO streaming then you can do 1 to 2 hours of surfing or e-mails per day but do your best to avoid videos even on Facebook (my wife has to watch every one of them but I rarely do!) but video uses about 1 GB per hour and as much as 3 GB per hour if HD.

Also contrary to popular opinion the unit can be left plugged in all the time as you only use bandwidth when you pick up your iPad and start surfing and this is much more convenient than waiting for the unit to fire up every day. Hope it does what you need it for ?

Offline Rayza

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2015, 06:15:25 AM »
So that I can keep up to date with the  usage for my MiFi, how do I find out how much data I have  used / left . Seen a previous post about MiFi setting,and a message box to type in a code, but can't seem to find this on my I pad. Probably not looking hard enough. Any advice much appreciated.

Offline tails77

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 13:21:55 PM »
I do not think you can find this info on the iPad, as I tried to do this. Think the instruction is for a laptop.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2015, 13:59:15 PM »
From memory type into the web address bar (at the very top of any web page) 192.168.1.1 this will take you to the mifi control panel - then type admin for both user name and password. You will then get into the device settings. Do NOT change anything but look for statistics or something worded like that and you should able to see what you need - then just exit / log off to come out of the management device settings - I think :-)

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2015, 14:12:19 PM »
Just found this from a previous post that might be helpful:

Surprisingly listening to the radio is not that ,"thirsty" - unlike streaming video - I regularly listen to Talksport at weekends (on the same unit as you have purchased) and it doesn't seem to use that much and I always manage to make it last 3 months with lots of browsing as well !!

Ps Just checked it out and basically the BBC / Talksport radio options would be covered by this statement ( so maybe a "treat" :-)

If you stream an hours worth of internet per day for 30 days then you would have eaten up only 1.7 Gigabytes of data 

Offline Rayza

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2015, 22:58:26 PM »
Thanks all for the advice. Back home now, so will continue with the Wifi when we return in August.

Offline Stortman

• Formerly the artist known as Essexboy
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 15:24:41 PM »
Ian

Great info on internet streaming. I don't suppose your ready-reckoner can help with an idea of  how much per day would be consumed by being logged into a UK desktop via VPN link. I have to do some work while I'm out in June and need to see whether I need to upgrade my wireless internet.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 20:41:52 PM »
A bit too difficult for me but I did find this on geekzone:

http://m.geekzone.co.nz/Forums/50/Topic/165860

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf