Author Topic: Dolmus to Faralya, Olive Garden  (Read 7244 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Dolmus to Faralya, Olive Garden
« on: May 13, 2015, 06:12:55 AM »
I understand you can pick up a dolmus to Faralya from Olu deniz. How frequent are these and what's the price please? Thanks

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Dolmus to Faralya, Olive Garden
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 13:08:10 PM »
They are rougly every 2 hours during the holiday season.

From Fethiye: 07.00 - 11.00 - 17.00 (APRIL - MAY )

From Kabak : 08:30 -12:30 - 18 :30 ( APRIL - MAY )

From Fethiye : 07:00-09:00 -11:00 - 13:00 - 16:00 - 18:00 ( JUNE - JULY - AUGUST)

From Kabak : 08:30 - 10:30 -12:30 - 14 :30 - 17 : 30 - 19 :30 ( JUNE - JULY - AUGUST )

You can catch them between Fethiye and Oludeniz Terminus. The fare last year was 6TL from Fethiye and 4TL from Oludeniz. I'm not sure what it'll be this year.

( If you're a nervous passenger sit on the driver's side.  ;) ))

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 05:44:34 AM »
Hi, where would you catch the dolmus in Ovacik and would it have a sign for Faralya on it ?

Offline Harmless

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 08:58:21 AM »
In the same place that you would pick up an oludeniz bus, and it will say OluDeniz and Kabak on the signs

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 09:07:43 AM »
It's a scary ride but amazing when you get up there

Offline Maisie58

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 16:57:38 PM »
We have just been again and caught the 07:10 Kabak bus at the bus stop in Ovacik. (We catch it by the stop at the Taxi rank area but there are other stops). That said, it never seems to come strictly on time but at least we get out to wait for it rather than miss it! Next one is 11:10. The bus that comes before is for Oludeniz- so you could also catch that and just sit and wait at Olu for the next bus which is for Kabak. Current price from Ovacik 7Lira each way per person. It is best to get that early bus so that you get the benefit of the whole day. I find the coast road trip a bit scary but worth it for the Olive Garden breakfast and views. Wear good walking shoes if you intend to walk down cliff path to the beach. A big climb back but the shuttle bus/jeep runs. 5Lira each person. Eatery/drinks by the beach at reasonable prices.

Offline Maisie58

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 16:58:41 PM »
Also it is the Faralya/Kabak bus- do not get off at Faralya (Unless you want to visit there too)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 17:11:01 PM »
That sounds like a lovely day you had Maisie58! It reminds me of when we were kids and on (rare) summer days out we got up really early to get the bus to wherever and we were so excited and full of anticipation for the day ahead. Then we all got home late very tired, sun burnt, (probably mucky) but so happy!  8) ;D ;D

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 12:43:05 PM »
My wonderful missus surprised me with a two night stay at Kabak from next Tuesday (we arrive in Calis tomorrow). Is the Faralya dolmus still running now it's September? All the info I can find give May to August.

And just for comparison, does anyone know what the cost would be by taxi from Calis to Kabak?

TIA

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 14:03:49 PM »
The Oludeniz - Faralya - Kabak dolmus runs all year but with a slightly reduced service in the winter. They're the main carriers of post and supplies for the houses and restaurants along the route.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf