Author Topic: Noise , noise , noise ....  (Read 9016 times)

Offline Libra

Noise , noise , noise ....
« on: July 13, 2015, 08:19:23 AM »
Is there anybody else in Ovacık in the AES Club Hotel and Orka Club Hotel area also suffering from excessive noisy music before midnight and after midnight ( where it is absolutely forbidden after 11:59 pm ) ?

Offline Menthol

Re: Noise , noise , noise ....
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:37:03 AM »
I live up the hill on the other side but empathise greatly.

We get a little noise from the very much extended Sunshine Resort - usually horrific karaoke renditions of 'My Way' and 'Simply the Best'.

Contact the Zabita.

Offline Libra

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 17:12:55 PM »
We also lived for 2 years at the Lydae Villas near Sunshine Hotel ( if it is the same you mentioned ). There was not the slightest noise there that time ( 2008 - 2010 ).

I keep writing complaints and keep calling the zabıta , they tell they are coming but nothing changes. The Fethiye Belediye Environment Department takes it even so far that they reply they do all necessary controls and there are no illegal actions that cause noise in the area.

I 'll keep on fighting.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 23:04:48 PM »
Yes it is the same Sunshine place, Libra. And as I say, noise is pretty minimal from there to be honest - it's usually when someone opens the rear doors that we hear anything.

I wish you well in getting something done though - have you neighbours that feel the same way as you that you could get to sign a letter of complaint?

Offline Libra

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 06:45:01 AM »
The reason I wrote this here was to find out what people around feel , hear or do about the noise. Only you did reply yet , thank you or that.

Most of our neighbours here are British , some we know are not here all the time and some houses are being rented. So I have no good picture of what they feel about the noise. About two years ago we met an Englishman opposite AES Club Hotel who tried to sell his villa because of the disturbing noise.

Offline lizdev

Noise , noise , noise ....
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 09:08:33 AM »
It's awful when you buy somewhere quiet and then it is spoiled by changes around you.  Our first apartment was on a lovely complex in Ovacik, with beautiful views.  After a year the builders decided to build a small bar about 6 feet from the end of our balcony.  During the day was fine, people could get a drink or something to eat when at the pool.  The problem was from around 11pm when people came back from Hisaronu and went to the bar,  the noise was horrendous for us being so close to it Our complaints were ignored even the maintenance/builders promised us it would close at midnight, this never happened.  After trying to sell with no luck, we ended up doing a part exchange just to get away from it, which led us to Ciftlik, and glad we did it.  So can understand how you feel, but our complaints didn't get us anywhere, sorry
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 14:32:41 PM by lizdev »

Offline jsp51

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 11:11:15 AM »
In Turkey Merhaba means hello
Ovacik means noise
it was always going to happen, Ovacik becomes an extension of Hisaronu and the noise comes with it.
We saw it coming and moved away 9 years ago.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 13:21:23 PM »
Another problem with Ovacik  ( re noise )  is  the `noise` of the traffic  on the main road getting  worse and worse  each year....  the few nice restaurants  on the main road are ruined by this  as one has to lip read at times to have a conversation when dining .
More and more people / customers are beginning to find it a real nuisance and off putting at night.

Regarding  `music noise`... Ovacik will never be as bad as Hisaronu at night...   Karaoke  is the killer  :-(     worse thing ever invented  ... noise volume  of karaoke  is a serious problem  from the bars  in the vicinity of  built up areas  away from  the  main  drag. Awful

Offline Libra

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 08:00:10 AM »
What I find very unfair is the fact that we residents are treated like second-class citizens.

We buy a house in Ovacık that is being introduced as a quiet place. We spend tens or hundreds of thousands of Pounds or pay rentals. We pay taxes , electric bill , water bill. We pay for food and drink , for clothing , for transportation , repairs and other expenses... by this we support Fethiye 's economy for 6 or even 12 months a year spending a lot of money.

Then comes a tourist , pays a few hundred pounds and is being hosted and entertained without considering the privacy and comfort of the residents who support Fethiye's economy all year round.

This I really find unfair....and in the end I don't know where the money collected from tourism goes to ; it definitely is not being used in favour of the residents who suffer from tourism.

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 10:35:03 AM »
We have villa in Ovacik and a few hotels around us but thankfully not too close.

One of them does aqua aerobics every morning the music and the especially the microphone are very loud...thankfully it only lasts for about twenty minutes. We thankfully haven't been bothered in the evenings or nightime when we have visited- but can quite understand that it must totally spoil your quality of life and sleep on a nightly basis.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf