Author Topic: Investing in Turkey - Garanti?  (Read 17687 times)

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
Re: Investing in Turkey - Garanti?
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2015, 16:27:12 PM »
I prefer a chunk of premium bonds  or a flutter on the horses to investing in Turkey. Art is a good investment if you choose carefully. Anyone else any ideas about investing?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2015, 17:04:03 PM »
Throwing it down a disused mineshaft and only being able to keep what you catch once you've thrown yourself down it too.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2015, 17:13:42 PM »
4.59 in change shop in Fethiye.....just now

Expect that to increase tomorrow morning.  Generally not much happens over the weekend in respect of exchange rates, but I'm seeing it as over 4.70 to the pound on XE & Yahoo just now - the banks rate in the morning will reflect this price.

Increasingly I'm hearing of "revaluation" in respect of the lira, in real terms it actually means "devaluation".  Wont be the first time it's happened and I suspect not the last, if of course they do decide to devalue it.

JF

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2015, 18:25:27 PM »
Scanner I don't reply to you individually because as I have told you more than once I find you rude and personally feel you appear to enjoy belittling people. For some reason you appear to have a chip on your shoulder and are incapable of offering advise without adding your attempt at sarcasm which to be honest is laughable.
If in fact you choose to look back in the post I did reply to both you and JohnF but heard nothing back.
I feel it's a shame that what could be a great source of information has an administrator with the attitude that you have and have to say that a number of people I've met feel the same.
You appear to have this notion that just because people don't openly say they agree with you that the advise offered is completely ignored.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 18:35:54 PM »
incapable of offering advise without adding your attempt at sarcasm which to be honest is laughable.

Thanks for the compliment, the idea is indeed to make people laugh, glad this includes you too!

I am more than content now to sit back and let you get on with your amazing money making plan, I shall not attempt to try and help you see how ridiculous your plan is. Let's see how laughable my advice is when you ignore just about everyone in this topic and carry on with your plan to invest your wedge in a swiftly weakening currency in a failing economy.

I don't suppose that will be quite as laughable to you as my sarcasm but am long past trying to HELP people who can't even save themselves...

Oh, don't forget to come back and tell us how it went  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2015, 18:39:32 PM »
Scanner I don't reply to you individually because

And it's Scunner :D

This time next year you'll be a millionaire Yoshi :D

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2015, 19:32:44 PM »
Let's be honest Scunner your attitude does not make people laugh you should try to get feedback from those that have to listen to you I think you would be surprised how unfunny people find you.
The most amazing thing about this is that you know absolutely nothing about my personal situation and yet you continually believe your advice to me is 100% valid and when I don't thank you for offering me a completely negative view of Turkey you feel it is ok to be rude. I think that says more about you than it does about me.
I have also discussed this with a good few people including your CBF members who are very happy with their choice of house and lifestyle in Turkey.
The truth is everybody's advice can be considered but it's not always applicable fully to individual circumstance.
Have a good evening

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2015, 19:35:15 PM »

you should try to get feedback from those that have to listen to you

What are you on about now! Nobody has to listen to me - they don't have to come here!!!

My attitude does make people laugh, I've done very well specifically out of making people laugh :D Maybe not you though as you and I appear to be from different planets.

Like I said, don't forget to let us know how the amazing TL investment plan goes      :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2015, 19:44:03 PM »

Iv'e just invested a wedge with a Turkish shoe box manufacturer.  Keeping my toes crossed now.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2015, 19:44:50 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf