Author Topic: Lukka Restaurant, Highly Recommended.  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Lukka Restaurant, Highly Recommended.
« on: September 24, 2015, 08:56:56 AM »
Had a meal at Lukka Restaurant last night.  A starter of hot cheese rolls in crispy coating, with salad. Two main courses which were really big and really nice Chicken Shish for Phil and Chicken in Mushroom sauce for me, with the usual salad, chips* and rice.  a G.&.T. a large glass of red wine and have to say the wine was lovely.  Two beers and then two cappuccinos, the coffee came on two ceramic trays with the coffee, a small glass of water and some Turkish Delight.  Bill was 91 TL. 
This is quite a no frills place, what we liked was the kitchen is in plain view with the lady Chef preparing all the meals and for chip lovers* the chips are not frozen but home made and probably the best we have tasted in Turkey.
They also had two televisions inside with two matches on.  So, if you did not want to see the football you had the piece and quiet in the restaurant outside.  Music playing was 60/70's stuff.    We will be back, nice place and good value for money.   ;) :D  ;)

Offline Lotty

Re: Lukka Restaurant, Highly Recommended.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 09:25:29 AM »
Where abouts is this place Jacqui?

Offline Fran

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 09:38:53 AM »
Opposite Obens at the end of the  prom

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 13:43:43 PM »
Jacqui how did we not bump into one another? I was in the Lukka last night too, although only for the beer (Tuborg draught an excellent 6tl and Tuborg Gold bottled 7tl) and of course the football.  More particularly the Arsenal victory (again) down at the Lane!!  Thought you'd have been watching Brenda's final match as manager after scrapping a pens home win over lowly Carlisle.

Perhaps you saw me come in and decided to duck down under the table to avoid being noticed by Mrs Tickets and myself.  ;)  Which was probably wise, cos I did get a little loud on one ocassion, and I am sorry to say with some effin and jeffin, in the direction of a horrible loud very foul mouthed Spud supporter.  Mind you him and his equally loudmouthed girlfriend appeared to be more important about shouting the odds outside than actually watching the game themselves.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 14:46:55 PM »
Well Mr Tickets, you have the better of me, because, I don't know what you look like.  I did see some people coming in and going through to watch the match and I did hear all the cheering when your team scored.
Strangely enough,  I did not see Peter Butterworth in the Lukka  :) 

Offline eagles

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 17:59:24 PM »
Really pleased to read LUKKA getting the good reviews they deserve, it's family run and they work hard to improve the restaurant/bar each year and are so friendly. The lunchtime menu is good too, especially the Chicken wrap but then again the Lukka Fried Chicken is good too! Well worth a visit or two or three....
Sue

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf