Author Topic: WARNING: Yaffa Palestian Products  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: WARNING: Yaffa Palestian Products
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 16:13:10 PM »
Having issued a warning about this company I would like to finish with a very positive post about them. Not only have my dates arrived looking absolutely splendid but I had a most gracious email from my contact at the Yaffa company. It not only discusses problems with shipping companies but promises me a 50% rebate or 10% of the next order. I think I'll take up the latter. I have to say this is probably the best feedback I have ever had from any customer service department of any company. I've quoted the full email below so you can see whether you agree.

Good Morning
I am very glad this has been resolved. Around this time every year we get a lot of complaints about delays in deliveries or even missing parcels ! Believe me we've tried 4 of the biggest couriers around (inc. RM, Parcel Force and now UKMAIL) and unfortunately the same problems happen every year.
I want to apologies to you for the delay in receiving your order and I know how frustrating it must have been for you ! ... I am avid online shopper and believe me I know how it feels when things do not get delivered on time especially when you stayed in all day waiting for them !
I would like to make it up to you by offering one of the following:
I am happy to offer you 50% off refund of your order Value.
OR
I can provide you with a discount code for 10% OFF you next order.

Kindly let me know what you decide so we can proceed accordingly.

Thank you for your custom.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 16:31:04 PM »
Morrison's have giant Medjool dates from Israel.

Pack of 9.

Not the cheapest at 30pence per date but each has a thick layer of soft, sweet flesh (like myself).

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 16:37:01 PM »
Not much use if you boycott Israeli products (and have been doing so for years) - like us. That was the point of this thread. Easy enough to get Israeli dates from any major supermarket.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 16:45:18 PM »
Missed that point, then.

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread.

I'm sure each of us can find a reason to boycott almost every nation on earth but I do take on board the views and meant no disrespect.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 16:56:11 PM »
I'm boycotting Russian made cars.  ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 16:57:29 PM »
Not a problem Stuart. I'll be sure to post a photo on the Christmas Fare thread if I manage to do Lotty's recipe justice. Should you be interested, nearly all Israeli dates are grown on illegally occupied Palestinian lands and the profits from buying these dates supports these illegal farms. I'd rather not do that.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 18:17:12 PM »
It's a viewpoint - I understand it.

"Land ownership" - that's murky ground.

It's all been stolen or bought from someone who had no right to "own" it in the first place.

Maybe we should boycott USA or even British products on that basis (or indeed, everyone's) - I don't know who rightfully owns" the land" anywhere on earth.

Captured in war or purchased from whoever captured it or proclaimed it to be whatever nationality they represented when they landed on it.

For Israel to exist does that mean Palestine cannot?

Methinks 'tis a discussion for another thread - I don't want to jeopardise the recipe!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 18:21:08 PM »
I don't want to jeopardise the recipe!
Important point!

Offline Stopfordian

• Certified incomprehensible
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »

Good news!!. My dates from Yaffa were delivered, as promised, on the 20th.
 Bad news!!. They were delivered at around 10. 45 last night.
 More bad news!!. At that time I was at Mcr. Airport picking up my daughter, so they were left with a
 neighbour. I got up this morning to find a little note from said neighbour to say that they left for
 Mcr Airport early this morning and were away for 10 days and would deliver my parcel when they got
 back  :( .
 Fair play to the delivery driver, he did his bit. It looks like a trip to Waitrose. I can't let politics get in the way of nibbles!!.   :)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 08:57:21 AM »
Tesco has Algerian grapes - but they are not the mighty Medjoul. I'll have to leave a note for myself next year to order from Yaffa before the end of November.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf