Author Topic: Some image of the snow in Scotland.  (Read 3152 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Some image of the snow in Scotland.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 20:44:28 PM »
Yeah Jacqui we have family there who live right next to the Golf Club now.However prior to that our family lived in Green street for 5 generations.We holidayed there and can remember walking through the fields at the back of the house,through the woods an up to Slaines when we were kids.Sometimes we were brave and did it at night.
It's a beautiful area.

When my Mum and Dad moved up to Cruden Bay the house they bought was from a family with two kids, they were moving to Green Street.   I also had a friend who lived in Green Street.  Small world.  The houses along the harbour and down the streets are all being bought for holiday homes.   We lived in No.7 Harbour Street when our house was being build we rented it for 6 months.  Salt in the sea air ruined our car.   
Did you ever remember the little train that Alan Sangster ran?  It went from the Car Park at Harbour Street up to Slains Castle, my kids loved it. 

Offline Steve A

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 21:18:47 PM »
Can't remember the train.my family there are called Munro,their parents who are dead were called Betty And Eddie can't remember the surname but they lived at the very top of the street on the right.They had a small putting green and a railway carriage in the garden.I think it was number 1 or 3

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 22:18:41 PM »
Sorry, don't know them Steve, some of the locals had railway carriages in their gardens.  I remember when we first came here there were lots, I know some were given to the railway museum at Alford. 
Here is a picture of Cruden Bay taken last week.  Came from there F.B. Page.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 00:34:43 AM »
Beautiful as I remember thanks Jacqui

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf