Author Topic: Cruises  (Read 2628 times)

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
Re: Cruises
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 22:01:33 PM »
We have had the most wonderful holidays cruising - and we are off to do it again in March.  Would really recommend it.  You never know who you may see on a ship!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 22:08:59 PM »
I've never seen anyone of interest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 22:31:54 PM »
I remember on one of our first cruises  Fred the weatherman was on it...but we don't talk about that   ;) :o :-X

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 00:03:59 AM »

I think its an excellent way of seeing places of interest on the excursions, where perhaps one day is sufficient.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 00:24:23 AM »
We did our first ever cruise last April for my "significant" birthday - met up with Lynne (above - hence my wee comment   ;) ) and we would never have booked it but for the fact we had planned to go to Madeira for a week to celebrate my 30th (cough etc) and a chance conversation with aforementioned Lynne (who was having a similar significant birthday) was more or less that their cruise was calling a Madeira and lots of other places - so why not give it a try.

We were typical people who had never done a cruise I suppose - stuck on a ship with a bunch of old gits shuffling around with walking sticks and smelling of cabbage, all the usual reservations.

Lynne finally got me with the AI drinks aspect and I booked it that evening :D

I posted a photo to Facebook of the line of customers queuing to check in at Edinburgh and people commented on the fact that they were all grey/white haired old men - I was right then!!

No - there were loads of folks from all ages and walks of life. The whole concept of it blew me away. Every morning you open your curtains and the view has changed. I know that is obviously what cruise holidays are, but it is still a stunning way to spend a week or two.

I fully agree with Kevin too, absolutely loved some of the places we visited - Santa Cruz De La Palma,on the island of La Palma - wonderful, stunning churches, lovely to have the chance to explore but you'd not spend a week there - in fact, without the cruises you'd probably never ever see it.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 06:30:43 AM »
We went last year from Çeşme with Celestyal, a new Greek company.
We went to Chios, Syros, Napflion, Lavrion, Crete, 3 nights 4 days.
We're going again in April, this time Rhodes, Mykonos, Santorini..from Kusadasi which is great as nearer.
We loved it.
We were the only Brits, 6 Iranians and a couple of Germans, everyone else was Turkish.
Im not sure how it will pan out with the announcement made yesterday though. Not good news for Celestyal.

http://aa.com.tr/en/europe/turkey-raps-europe-over-ending-easy-greek-island-visas/746109

There is of course dual pricing, on Celestyal English site youll pay a couple of hundred euros more
If youre brave enough to speak to Gruppal or Tatilbudur in Turkish and email your residency number then you will pay the same as the Turks.
4 nights 5 days £280 inclusive of port fees tips all food and drinks.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf