Author Topic: Promises feedback  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Pi55y

Promises feedback
« on: June 25, 2017, 21:45:13 PM »
I thought it would be nice to give some feedback on the Promises kindly donated by many businesses and individuals for the recent 3Cs auctions.
Pete and I were fortunate to be able to attend both auctions and we were lucky in our bids on a number of lots.
Firstly I would like to thank Enver Yalcin at Kargi Nomad Museum for a fabulous village breakfast. It truly has to be one of the best (and biggest) breakfasts around and it just keeps on coming. We didn't want anything to eat for the rest of the day!
Pete got the hair cut and shave at Beauty Corner in Hisaronu and says it was the best he has ever had in 22 years of coming to Turkey. Even though it is a drive away from Calis  he will go back so they have gained a new client from their generosity. He also got the Polo shirt from Marine Yachting in Paspatur. It was a bit tight but no problem they changed it for the same design in a bigger size. It is, really good quality and he loves it.
We have just used the first half of the airport transfer donated by Fethiye Airport Transfers. We were really impressed, a very professional company and a very good careful driver. Will certainly use them from now on.
As for the massive ex pat goodie hamper what can I say other than the contents were awesome and our cupboard is stocked up for the next few months. As for the Tiffany sunglasses, they are divine and I love them.
We still have a couple of meals to take but they will be for when we get back  in September so will let you know how they go.
I hope everyone is as pleased with their promises ad we are.
Thank you 3Cs and everyone who donated lots.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Promises feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 21:58:55 PM »
It IS indeed nice to give some feedback on the Promises kindly donated by many businesses and individuals for the recent 3Cs auctions.

Glad you enjoyed all of your successful bids perhaps especially the F.A.T promise. They really are the business.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 22:28:53 PM »
Always a great topic - any more feedback from lucky winners?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 23:28:50 PM »
I bid for a pink leather handbag, which was very nice.  We also go a very lovely  glass Scottish Bowl, a B.&.B at the Istanbul in Kayakoy, A meal in the Saffron Restaurant in Ovacik. Both we wll take in September.
Great fun enjoyed the Auctions very much. 

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 08:36:07 AM »

Of all the lots we won we have used a few, Kaz loves her Karen Walker sun glasses, we had an enormous full English at Cafe Soul, really recommend that for that morning after ;-) , Had coffee and cake at EJ's yesterday, beautiful apple crumble with ice cream was our choice, really worth a try , I like my 60tl genuine fake gold Rolex watch. Last but not least the tomato's, Japon at Cafe Soul thought 15kg wasn't enough so he had upped it to 20kg!!! all now dealt with, we had to buy more at the market yesterday, but we have a freezer with loads of tomato soup and tomato paste to keep us going for a while. Still have a few more lots to use, I will update when we have got around to using them.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 19:09:17 PM »
Finally got around to using our promise of a 3 course  meal for 2 people at MOD Restaurant at Ece Marina in Fethiye this week. What a great night. Bottle of Villa Doluca  red wine, mezze plate for 2 for starters with hot brown rolls,  lamb chops and the best Sea Bass casserole I have had for years followed by chocolate dessert. Great restaurant in  a lovely location overlooking the marina, lovely ambiance and great service. Thank you Merve and all your staff  for supporting the 3Cs and providing us with a lovely evening.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 06:46:58 AM »
Almost forgot as we have been so busy with visitors recently, we used our meal promise at Muzzys Place in Kaya village recently. Muzzys has to be one of our favourite  laid back places for a lazy day out sitting around the pool sipping a cool drink whilst the visitors take a hike around the ruined village. We had a delicious meal for 4 comprising of starter and main course. Muzzy said he would do us a meze for starters and came out with just about every meze starter on the menu! Lovely mains of our choice too. Thank you Muzzy for a great meal and a lovely day out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf