Author Topic: Charlie Gard  (Read 14378 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Charlie Gard
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2017, 09:50:13 AM »
Which is precisely why I posted my comments in this thread.

I have absolutely no desire to get into an argument over such a tragic case but I am entitled to an opinion and that is that GOSH did what they do every day, and that is put the interests of their patient first and foremost.

I find the fact that doctors and nurses were subjected to abuse and even death threats absolutely disgusting and I find people shouting abuse at them equally disgusting.

These doctors and nurses always have to remain anonymous and therefore couldn’t answer back.

How must they feel having done their very best for Charlie every day for 11 months to have that level of abuse hurled at them. That is vitriolic behaviour.

I am 100% sure that many of them will be simple heart broken.

:)  :)  :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2017, 09:57:14 AM »
 Thought it better to show a bit of decorum and respect to an 11 month old baby that had died, and hoped the vitriol could wait a while for us all to pay our respects.
[/quote]

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2017, 12:45:37 PM »
I haven't seen any vitriol on this thread so far: why should it start now?

Offline marina

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2017, 13:02:45 PM »
Yes Bernie, I see the point you are trying to make, but it's  a pity that the section of 'Charlie's army' who have been chanting, verbally abusing and threatening the staff at GOSH didn't feel the same. What point are they trying to make now? Apart from the staff at GOSH who, as Highlander quite rightly says, would have have been heartbroken over these sad events, what about all the other very sick babies and children, and their families, who are being treated there. What effect will this have had on them who are also going through very difficult times.

The abuse of these doctors and nurses is inexcusable!

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2017, 14:22:08 PM »
I DONT condone any of the abuse either aimed at the family or the hospital. I just didnt think it was appropriate for people to be making unkind comments about the family when the baby wasnt even cold. I dont think the comments towards the family have been fair or true. I think in time, when the truth comes out, people will have time to reflect on their comments and opinions and think differently..or maybe not. Although I was in support of the Gard family, My involvement with Charlie Gard is limited to pressing a request to join Charlie Army support button on facebook. From there I have read and seen different articles from the family, that differ greatly from the ones in the media. On the facebook site, Charlies Army, there has never been anything but praise for the doctors and nurses and all the work they do and difficult decisions that they make. How they work tirelessly for very little reward. However, the view towards hospital management has been somewhat different.. The nurses that looked after Charlie offered to be with him in his final hours alongside the family, but hospital management wouldnt allow it. The family have never, that I Have seen, done anything but praise the care they received whilst there. There are a lot of things said in the media, saying Charlie was brain damaged etc, that werent true, according to the family. I have read lots of unkind words and implications that greatly sadden me. At the end of the day, they were  just a young couple fighting for any chance for their only child, who has now sadly passed away, some say needlessly..time will tell.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2017, 12:06:45 PM »
Charlie Gard story is being covered by sky news at 3.30pm and again later in the evening.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2017, 21:27:56 PM »

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2017, 22:05:50 PM »
Today is Charlie's first birthday and his funeral..speaks volumes.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2017, 22:27:50 PM »
Sorry Bernie,and with the greatest respect to Charlie, but "speaks volumes" to what

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2017, 21:49:41 PM »
Please believe that this is a serious question because I cannot find the answer on the internet:

Has the poor wee fella's funeral been held. :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf