Author Topic: Ryanair v easyjet  (Read 2163 times)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Ryanair v easyjet
« on: March 28, 2018, 15:44:23 PM »
I just thought that as Ryanair are now traveling to Dalaman (even though its from Dublin) and Easyjet have done for a long time now i would do a comparison on flights I had to and from Malta last week
Flew out with Easyjet on Tuesday morning from Newcastle and was supposed to fly back with them the following Tuesday but due to a family issue had to come back for the weekend so ended up booking with Ryanair for the Friday 
so the comparison
Easyjet
Price £34 out £9.99 back (booked in December)
The plane was quite new and I have noticed that the seats are a lot thinner so you get a a little bit more room I am 6ft 2" so it all counts
Flight time was 3hrs 20 left on time and arrived 10 mins early 

Cabin crew very pleasant
all in all good
Ryanair
Price £44 booked in Feb
The plane was quite old and not as much leg room and the horrible plastic blue and yellow seats
Flight time was 3hrs 40 left on time but landed 20 mins early
Cabin crew dull as dish water couldn't understand the announcements and not a smile among them
I use Easyjet a lot but this is the first time I have used Ryanair in 12 years over all Easy jet where better but Ryanair have improved a lot since I last traveled with them, and they are now charging for cabin luggage (6 euros) with this charge there was a lot of over head locker space and not as many over loaded cases where there owners need help to lift them up
Easy jet wins for Malta but if Ryanair do start flying from other airports to Dalaman and their cheap I wont overlook them but there is always the worry of cancellations 

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Ryanair v easyjet
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 17:53:43 PM »
I found your post v. Interesting Trainer   :) I am a frequent Easyjet flier, have never flown anywhere with RyanAir and like you I would use them fr Dalaman if the price was right and they started flying there from Gatwick... What I found interesting was there is not much difference in flight time to Malta from UK to Turkey from UK and wow what a big difference in the two destinations prices! 

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 07:28:17 AM »
Not sure what the prices are like through the summer but out of season there really cheap Easyjet fly all year round from Newcastle and both flights out and in where full.
Malta has lots of construction going on at the moment and someone in the hotel said it’s been like that for years and it looks like it will be like that for a long time to come just building on top of existing buildings and the place is not cheap

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 09:11:41 AM »
Living half way between Belfast & Dublin have to say welcome ryanairstarting to fly from Dublin as easyJet Don’t fly to dalaman from Belfast. At least this creates some competition forThomas cook & jet2 whose prices are extortionately high from here

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf