Author Topic: broadband  (Read 4964 times)

Offline bells

broadband
« on: May 16, 2018, 19:53:45 PM »
Can anyone tell me if you need residency to get broadband and also who is the best company to go with.   :)

Offline LeeGlo

Re: broadband
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 21:49:57 PM »
Hiya Bells, you used to need residency because you had to get a phone line first in order to get broadband and the only place to get that was Turk Telecom and broadband with TTNet. Might have changed since we had one when we lived at Tasyaka.

Offline cenk

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 06:37:21 AM »
Now Aydem, the electric company is giving internet service also and dont ask for residency. Not sure that its the best  :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 20:55:47 PM »
A neighbour, who doesn't have residency, had broadband put into his apartment. It was from Likya Electronik on Migros Road. Think the set up was quite expensive, somewhere around £200 rings a bell, but he then pays only when he is here. It was 30 tl a month last season. It may have increased in price this year, as he's not yet been here

Offline bells

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 07:35:20 AM »
Thanks everyone for your replies. We will be out there on 21st.  8)

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 13:58:32 PM »
I think most people (including myself) go for a mobile wifi dongle to get internet access along with a preloaded firestick to get access to hundreds of TV stations.

On my recommendation a friend of mine (who just happens to supply preloaded firesticks in over 23 countries) will be holidaying in Calis next month.  You can use this link to get to his FB Help page where you can contact him and ask him any questions. If you (or anyone) wants one he can bring it over for you. His name is Julian Williams

https://www.facebook.com/groups/131992164228642/

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 14:07:50 PM »
We use Sky Fibernet. They connected us with a small satellite dish on our roof and we now get about 10mbps for 3 months (we can choose the months we want). Cost is 400tl for the three months which isn’t cheap but it’s pretty reliable and they are very responsive to messages if things do go wrong.

I can’t remember the set up cost but I can give you their contact details if you want.

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 09:00:22 AM »
We use Finet (opposite homeprof ) & pay 50TL a month,  friends recently had installed & paid 200TL for Installation etc, We get between 6 & 9mps which is fine to run phones, iPads and firestick /android box,  if you get/use a firestick or android box it's easy to set up yourself with free app's to watch anything you need without a VPN or the 'systems ' being offered on FB etc with no monthly payments.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 20:03:29 PM »
Hi Lee did the 200tl your friends paid for installation at Finet cover everything like the router and what ever else you need, also do we pay 50tl a month for the months we are there or every month regardless? Many thanks for any info   :)

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 23:16:20 PM »
Hi Karennina, They tell me 200Tl was for all, there in uk until next Thursday so will confirm when there back,  we pay 50tl per month so would assume that's what you would pay when you require.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf