Author Topic: Turkish restaurants in the UK  (Read 15516 times)

Offline kenbowns

Turkish restaurants in the UK
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2004, 11:40:10 AM »
Gordon, funny that you should say that, I emailed Trudes at roughly the same time asking the same questions--very busy with work etc, Ken.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2004, 09:57:35 AM »
Just thought I would offer a review of Tas Restaurant in The Cut, Southwark in London where we went on Saturday evening. Abso-bloody-lutely recommended lol. I had Zeytin Yagli Patlican (something to do with aubergines in olive oil I think lol) to start and then the Tas Special casserole, which involved lamb and new potatoes. Complimentary olives and puffy bread also. Prices very reasonable for London, take a look at the set menu for £7.95 per person! They have a website http://www.tasrestaurant.com

I read somewhere that the guy who owns the place wanted to bring real Turkish food to London, ie the food that Turks eat in their homes.I'm not sure how authentic it is but it did the trick for me lol.

Offline susie-q

• The Original CBF Susie-q
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2004, 12:32:40 PM »
If anyone lives near Gravesend, my friends Adem (Turkish) and Janice run a cafe during the day called "Food for Thought".  On a Thursday/Friday/Saturday evening they turn it into a turkish restaurant.  Adem whos turkish cooks and the food is excellent.  Take your own booze as they dont have an alcohol licence. Once the meals are finished Adem gets up and does a belly dance!! Well worth the visit just for that!  I don't know the name of the road it's on but if you email me via my profile I will give you their phone number.

Offline sting

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2007, 23:18:58 PM »
We have made friends with the guys that run Divan Restaurant in Finchley Central, North London and although we live in Watford they will still come and pick us up and drive us home.  Food is tops and the Efes is cold.  Just come in from work with 24 bottles of Efes (33cl) for £14.88 from local store.  Lovely jubbly!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2007, 15:53:15 PM »
This topic is 3 years old and needs to be locked.

It is important that all new info is started as a new topic, so members can see locations 'at a glance'.

Scunner

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf