Author Topic: Residency  (Read 1130 times)

Offline vivadonkeyoaty

• Newly Registered
Residency
« on: October 17, 2023, 05:55:18 AM »
Hi I am a home owner here since 2007, but I have only had residency for one year. I am now told that I won't be able to renew it. This is due to residencies approved after the start of the war in Ukraine are not being renewed. If you got in before the war you are alright. Seems very unfair to backdate it. I think this is due to the government not liking the big influx of Ukrainians and Russians. Brits are casualties of this.Any advice would be welcome.

Offline Brucat

Re: Residency
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 14:11:56 PM »
You need to get expert advise. Ask Mustapha ( the inspector)
Or look at Doc Martins page

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 09:30:58 AM »
Hi I am a home owner here since 2007, but I have only had residency for one year. I am now told that I won't be able to renew it. This is due to residencies approved after the start of the war in Ukraine are not being renewed. If you got in before the war you are alright. Seems very unfair to backdate it. I think this is due to the government not liking the big influx of Ukrainians and Russians. Brits are casualties of this.Any advice would be welcome.
No, I don't think that is right. I believe that if you are a home owner, your residence can/will be extended. I've just extended mine using Mustafa Arikok (Inspector) for a renewal due in November. As BRUCAT says, you should speak with Mustafa [https://www.facebook.com/groups/InspectorConsultancy] right away and get it sorted.

Offline Phil

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 13:53:14 PM »
During my last visit I begun to hear all sorts of horror stories on the jungle drums about residency entitlement.
I had intended to apply next year for the first time and so went to see Mustafa.
Within a few minutes of meeting him he had quashed all the rumours and debunked all the misinformation I had been hearing
He is so used to having to deal with grape vine nonsense that he has a term for it : "information pollution" !

My advice : forget the forums, chat rooms, face book and bar gossip just go to Mustafa's office in Çalış.
He will put your mind at rest in a very short time and let you know the up to date situation.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf