Author Topic: Water charges  (Read 4448 times)

Offline batman

Water charges
« on: August 23, 2006, 14:33:54 PM »
Hi, how much have you been charged for your water? When I worked my bill out this year I was charged 1.78 ytl/M3. How about you?

Offline doll

Water charges
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 21:24:26 PM »
do you have a pool batman?
you will find you pay more for your water if you have.
nearly double up uzumlu

Offline batman

Water charges
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 14:27:21 PM »
Hi doll, yes we have a pool, I was aware there is a another rate for having a pool, i just wanted to see if the council was playing fair with everyone as you know how prices can vary !!

Offline doll

Water charges
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 16:23:58 PM »
we have friends up there and they say their water is double
so have to be carefull with water

Offline wickwilly

Water charges
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 17:59:01 PM »
Yes its true. If you have a pool in Uzumlu your water is charged at 1.5 YTL per ton. If you dont its 500 Kurus per ton. This does not include KDV on either charge. Cant understand how they work this out. Surely the more water you use you pay more anyway. Why should you then have to pay 3 tmes as much for every glass of water you drink. My wife,who is Turkish, thinks its a tax on foreigners as most of the pools here are owned by foreigners or Turks from Istanbul (also foreigners in the villagers eyes) Dont think they would get away with that in the UK.

WW

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Water charges
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 05:41:08 AM »
They do get away with it in the uk.........South West Water charge one of the highest rates......Excuse-There is more coast line to keep clean!:(

Offline hoops man

Water charges
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 10:04:22 AM »
Can someone clarify please the water charges in uzumlu.i bought land there and will build a bungalow.i will sell this but didnt know there were different prices of water if you have a pool.is it a pool charge or water charge?Sorry for being stupid!!

Offline wickwilly

Water charges
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 20:37:49 PM »
Hoops man. The Belediye claim its a water charge. If you have a pool all water that you use,not just to fill the pool,is charged at 1.50YTL per ton. If you dont have a pool,all water is charged at 50 Kurus per ton.

WW

Offline hoops man

Water charges
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 12:09:23 PM »
Thank you ww.That clarifys things for me.Essentially its a pool charge then.Greedy sods!!!

Offline nicko

Water charges
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 16:10:17 PM »
Hi folks, sorry to drag this one out, but does anyone know the situation if you have your own well? We're having a villa built in Uzumulu, hopefully ready for next summer and are considering this option. Cost quoted seems reasonable and could save in the long run if no additional charges. At the rates quoted it might be better to reduce the size of the planned pool or do without one altogether (not a favoured option!). Any comments welcome
Seasons greetings
Nicko

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf