Author Topic: Water charges  (Read 4449 times)

Offline wickwilly

Water charges
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 19:09:48 PM »
Hi Nicko.
There is an additional charge for your water if you have a well. Dont know the actual charges but will find out and let you know. If you dont mind me asking how much are they quoting you for digging a well?.The reason I ask is that I know someone here who was ripped off to the tune of 3000 YTl for digging a well. They claimed they had dug 90 metres when in actual fact it was 45 meters.You also have to make sure they hit the main underground supply and not a secondary one which could dry up after a couple of months.The best time to bore for the well is September. This is to ensure that you dont hit a water supply that is fresh from winter rains and one that will dry out during the summer.

WW

Offline hoops man

Water charges
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 10:13:16 AM »
We are also digging a well in uzumlu so would be interested to see how this would effect cost.We had a well done in Fethiye and it was job and finish.They had to find water or they didnt get paid.it cost us the equivelent of 3000ytl and they were there for 6 weeks.Yes 6 weeks.They were digging through stone most of the time.i was there everyday.They dug down to 76mtrs and we were very happy with the cost and labour put in for our money.The well is still supplying us with water 1 half years later and we have no water bills at all as we connected it to the house.But uzumlu seem to have different rules and regulations.

Offline nicko

Water charges
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 15:46:08 PM »
Happy New Year to all,
Thanks Wickwilly any such information would be useful. The quote for our well was via the builders and was for a similar amount paid by your friend and hoops man. It's probably for the deluxe model with gold plated turbo pump!! Seemed reasonable until I read your and hoops mans' messages, so will think carefully before committing. Have worked out how much it would cost to fill the pool, which doesn't seem too bad but if charged 3 times more than other residents for all water it seems a bit over the top.
Best wishes

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Water charges
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 13:55:07 PM »
Just checked my accounts for this year, so far I have paid just £18 for water, I did hear that you pay loads more in Uzumulu.

Offline denniz

Water charges
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 14:54:09 PM »
watching a documentary recently about the amount of legal/illegal wells dug in spain and how in some parts the land has become so arrid its turning to desert,is this type of thing monitored in turkey?...
dennis...

Offline voyageur

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 07:30:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by denniz

watching a documentary recently about the amount of legal/illegal wells dug in spain and how in some parts the land has become so arrid its turning to desert,is this type of thing monitored in turkey?...
dennis...

I do not think there are any laws on wells in Turkey you just drill!![^][^][^]

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
Water charges
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 12:40:57 PM »
Could anyone tell me the cost of water per unit in the Ovacik/Hisaronu area please, as I keep being told different rates.

Pete

Apologies for posting this in Uzumlu, should have been in Ovacik :-\
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 12:56:18 PM by Tykatem »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf