Author Topic: New Uzumlu Resident  (Read 6065 times)

Offline mykwarker

New Uzumlu Resident
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 10:32:28 AM »
All the basics are available in the village & cheap but for a bigger shop use the supermarkets in Fethiye. Sorry not likely to get fresh milk(cows) but goats milk, theres no shortage!We're over on 08 sept & willno doubt be in the wine bar on one or two occasions but will also be helping our friends funish their villa in Calis,in which case we'll be at Club E hotel or any of the eateries onthe front.

Offline csblueboy

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 11:41:29 AM »
Hello all, yes Uzumlu is a great place to chill and relax.  We too have a Villa there finished this year, just above the village, past the old mosque and 2nd right, a group of 9 bespoke villas (we have one for sale actually-email me if interested) We were out last month and are out again end of September.  The village is stocking up on more food all the time I think by next year you wont need to go to Migros/Gima as you will be able to get everything there.  Aspava (now called Ottoman), has been taken over and run by a Scottish woman and Mustafa (from the Pide place) is working there currently.  I spoke to his wife and she said in a few weeks he will be open again - I dont know how true this is, as things can get lost in translation!!!. It is a great homely village, I just hope it doesnt get overdeveloped as it is a real "escape" type of place, although it could do with a couple more places to eat.

Offline salford Al

New Uzumlu Resident
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 17:07:12 PM »
Hi Mykwarker. We too will be goin out late September but if you are still there a tipple in the wine bar would be good.
Sounds like we may be on same development csblueboy as we are one of nine finished this year. Built by AGM? Anyone got any tips for cheap flights?

Offline Jo Tomkinson

New Uzumlu Resident
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 22:56:57 PM »
We, too, are up the lane behind the petrol station - we bought in 2003.  At the time there were just three houses (one pink, one blue and one yellow one) - we own the blue one.  Gradually more houses are being built around and about but I just hope they don't allow too much building in Uzumlu as it would be such a shame to spoil it.  I believe Hisaronu was a village just like Uzumlu at one time, and look at it now.  The only regret I have about having bought in Uzumlu is that I can't spend enough time over there.  Would love to live there permanently, but couldn't bear to leave the grandchildren.  Perhaps one day ..............

Offline Eric

New Uzumlu Resident
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 09:27:07 AM »
Hi Jo,

We are having a house built opposite the pink house so I guess you must be near neighbours. Hope to see you there sometime. We are visiting 7th - 22nd to check progress so if you are there say hello. Will be at site on 9th Sept in the morning.
Lucky us we are moving there next March / April hope to meet you when you are over there.
Fi & Eric

Offline doll

New Uzumlu Resident
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 14:38:20 PM »
if your health isnt 100 per cent
uzumlu is quite far from any hospitals
in an emergency over 25 minutes something to think about,
but it is lovely and quiet

Offline wickwilly

New Uzumlu Resident
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 18:56:51 PM »
There is a clinic in the village,on the main road opposite the currently closed pide restaurant. There are doctors and nurses there during the day and they can treat minor injuries. They also stock antidotes for snake bites and scorpion stings. In a real emergency the doctor is always available and I would suggest any resident retains his number.Dont forget that its also useful to know your own blood group.

WW

Offline salford Al

New Uzumlu Resident
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 20:30:07 PM »
I read on another forum about scorpion stings. How serious are they? Has anyone seen one? What kind of snakes are there and are their bites serious ie. fatal?

Offline wickwilly

New Uzumlu Resident
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 20:43:25 PM »
Scorpion stings are very painful and you do need to get an antidote. They are normally not life threatening unless you already suffer from heart problems etc. When we built our house in Uzumlu we probably saw a dozen or so as we disturbed their habitat. Most have moved on but we still find the occasional one on our garden walls or under rocks we have moved. Had one walk across the lounge last year. Must have got in via a bag that had been left outside or shoes etc. Always check your shoes before putting them on. There are plenty of snakes around but mostly they slither away when you approach so you dont see them too often. Had about 7 in our garden this year but the cat attacks them so they keep away. Some are poisonous and, like scorpions can be quite nasty. You do need to get an antidote and they can kill you if you have weak heart etc. Last year we found the skin of one in the garden must have been over one and half metres long.Glad we didnt see the snake!!
WE tend not to walk in the forest in the summer because of them but walking around Uzumlu in the winter  makes living herfe worthwhile.

WW

Offline salford Al

New Uzumlu Resident
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 23:36:25 PM »
Hi everybody. Thank you for a very warm welcome to this forum. Well! we have done the deed, sent our final payment this week and are now hopefully the proud owners of our new home in Uzumulu. Booked our flights today to come over on Friday 29th September to furnish it. I ('Mrs' Salford Al) am really looking forward to furnishing our new home and spending Salford Als money. I hope we get the opportunity to meet up with some of you while we are in Uzumulu.  We are sure to be spending some of our time in the wine bar - when we are not shopping. Is there anything I should be bringing from Manchester rather than buying out there?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf