Author Topic: Tapu  (Read 2486 times)

Offline blues

« on: March 25, 2007, 17:58:33 PM »
Hi can anybody give me some advice and guidence regarding purchasing our tapu for our villa .Do we have to wait until we are satisfide completly  with completition.As we have heard that it will cost appproxamately £400 to £500 is this correct.

Regards

Blues

Offline LoubyLou

Tapu
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 18:33:25 PM »
There is probably loads of stuff on here about TAPU.

When your army clearance is applied for (which you need to get your TAPU), you need to provide certain maps from the council, so you have to pay 'map money'- when we applied for our army clearance last Oct. this was £210 for Uzumlu (Fethiye/Calis is apparently much more expensive).

Once the army clearance is through, the TAPU can the be obtained - at this point you pay 3% of the declared value of the property and a registration fee of £100.

So I expect round about £500 is a good guide.

I don't really know at what stage you should apply for TAPU if your villa is new build as yours. Maybe someone else can help. In our case our contract said we were to pay the last payment to the vendor on transfer of the TAPU - so I would have thought yours would be similar. Hence you would only pay the last payment if you were entirely happy with the build.

Offline blues

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 21:08:14 PM »
Loubyloo

Thaks very much for that advice I have taken it on board.

Regards

Blues

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Tapu
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 21:26:49 PM »
I think it will be way more than double that [:o]

Offline voyageur

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 08:55:21 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by blues

Hi can anybody give me some advice and guidence regarding purchasing our tapu for our villa .Do we have to wait until we are satisfide completly  with completition.As we have heard that it will cost appproxamately £400 to £500 is this correct.

Regards

Blues

Offline voyageur

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 08:56:38 AM »
You should have got your builder to do this! I do not part with any money until I have the Tapu in hand!

Offline Shakira

Tapu
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 13:58:41 PM »
Voyageur, I totally agree with you regarding the money aspect. There seem to many nice trusting people that part with their money to soon and then have the problem of getting hold of their Tapu.  Get a good solicitor!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf