Author Topic: Winehouse  (Read 1791 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Winehouse
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:33:27 AM »
Last week we decided to take a drive out to Uzumlu as there is so much talk about this place of late.  Now whereby I agree it is a lovely little village, and how nice to see life going on as it does in rural turkey, its not for us, as there is not enough to do for youngsters there on holiday.  although Ovacik is becoming so built up, and Hisaronu the blackpool of the area, whilst our little ones are so young, these places do tick all the boxes, and provide our kids and their friends with endless things to do.  I found Uzumlu peaceful and authentic, but simply not suitable for us as a family at present.  Of course, I can see the attraction for those people wanting to live there and for older people without young children - its a lovely place to retire to or holiday at and I hope it manages to retain this character for many years to come, as we will most certainly visit again.

Now that said, I would like to mention our trip to the winehouse whilst we were there, which we had learnt about thanks to this forum. What a lovely place. and what a lovely guy working there - eddie.  We spent such a great entertaining afternoon there. there were only four of us and the children, but we ended up in there for about 3 hours! the wine was generous and very good and at only 5 lira a glass, exceptionally good value!! popcorn was supplied endlessly, much to the delight of our girls, and eddie spent the afternoon watching and playing with our little girls, allowing us to sit and chat and enjoy a drink in peace!! a local little girl called dilek was brought in to play with my 2 year old and they all had such fun.  eddie did his bottle throwing tom cruise impression (very impressive!) and all in all we had a great time.  

so if anyone in Uzumlu is going into the winehouse in the next few days, please say hi to him from the family from Liverpool with the 2 little blonde girls (tabitha and Maisie) and tell him we will come up again in the summer. thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf