Author Topic: customs  (Read 4234 times)

Offline hazel dorrington

customs
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 07:43:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by GarethCARYS

Hi we bought property in Kalkan last year
 our names are Gareth Carys
 Gareth works for the prison service in preston
 iwork for the Health service has anybody tried to transport
 goods from the uk and and got their goods cleared through
 customs  they have had our boxes for 2 months and wont release them because they were not bought in turkey  although we have paid the taxes has anybody experienced the same please contact
  we dont know where to turn for HELP
               Gareth Carys

Hi ,My husband who is an international household removal manager, tells me that shipping to Turkey from UK is expensive and complicated.  Costs being the same as to  Australia because of the high customs clearance and delivery charges in Turkey.  For goods to clear customs you must have a residents permit and must be present with goods for them to be cleared.  For expert advise in Turkey I have a good contact in Izmir shipping office which is the port goods would come to for Calis. But hope by now you have your boxes.  Hazel.D

Offline GarethCARYS

customs
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2004, 19:07:30 PM »
Thank you Hazel any help would be appreciated
   we have no turkish residency and we live in the uk
      rang the company that exported the boxes today
         they have now got a Broker to deal with customs
      dont realy know what that means  either
                  Carys

Offline Sinbad

customs
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 15:22:00 PM »
Hazel

Can you please let me have the details of the person in Izmir is? At present we don't need the residency permit but will apply for them when we come over in July. Our vessel is british flagged and registered. From what I understand is that these can come in but have to be recorded on the ship's papers. She is currently berthed at Netcel in Marmaris but will shortly move to the new marina in Fethiye.
Getting these things over is not so easy! No one wants to know about a container.

Offline hazel dorrington

customs
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 20:48:10 PM »
Hi, contact in Izmir is CIHAN CETIZ, OZGUR TRANSPORT AND TRADE LTD.CO.
xxxxx@xxxxx.COM   Hope this is helpful.  Hazel D.

[edit - please contact Hazel direct for the email address]

Offline GarethCARYS

customs
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2004, 21:00:54 PM »
Sinbad dont bother trying to get your personal items through customs they have come up with every ecxuse in the book paid £550 plus £270 customs and exise now they
 have decided the gooods were not bought in turkey
 they have to be exported back toEngland  at my cost
         but it will take 3 months for them to get here
 we are very stressed and to top it all nobody wants to know because it is customs we are dealing with they seem to have a law   that nobody wants to challenge even in the uk save your money sinbad and buy in turkey

Offline GarethCARYS

customs
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2004, 21:09:13 PM »
Sinbad it will be very interesting to hear that you got a vessel in to tukey with you r goods with no problem
 i only had four boxes and they decided because i did not
 have turkish residency  and the goods been bought
 in uk they will not clear them hence having to pay for them to be shipped back to uk or destroyed in turkey

Offline GarethCARYS

customs
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2004, 21:32:08 PM »
Hazel tried to email your friend ismir  came back as returned email

Carys

Offline GarethCARYS

customs
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2004, 22:33:16 PM »
Hazel tried the email addres of your friend came back as unkown
               Carys

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
customs
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2004, 09:33:55 AM »
Hi  perhaps a new thread should be started on this subject.
Despite what people are being told you DO need a residency permit before you can get your goods through customs.Loads of problems getting through Izmir.We brought our stuff overland via Istanbul with no problems at all,handed power of attourney to the recieving agent in Turkey and didnt need to travel to meet the goods,and we had a difficult load of musical equipment.We used a responsible agent in UK who wouldnt transport our goods untill we had our visas and the collecting agent in Istanbul wouldnt recieve without visas.Please ask if any more advice needed.Will be at the party may 12.

Offline Sinbad

customs
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2004, 09:45:49 AM »
Hi Gareth

Sinbad san is a commercial British flagged vessel operating as a charter boat. As such Turkish customs will permit goods for her to be allowed in free of duty provided they are fully documented and also recorded in ship's log because she has a foreign flag.
The items are mainly electronic and specific to her and not manufactured in Turkey. We are now not wanting to bring in goods not intended for the boat at present 'cos it seems there are varying reports of what can and can't be done. Interested if anyone has luck with Hazel's contact.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf