Author Topic: Attempted Break In  (Read 4626 times)

Offline hamilton

Attempted Break In
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 11:27:29 AM »
How are they getting in to the properties, most of the properties I have seen have very sturdy doors and widows, most are double glazed. They must do considerable damage and make quite a bit of noise, unless of course people are leaving windows and doors open?

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Attempted Break In
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 11:34:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by hamilton

How are they getting in to the properties, most of the properties I have seen have very sturdy doors and widows, most are double glazed. They must do considerable damage and make quite a bit of noise, unless of course people are leaving windows and doors open?

Hi hamilton, lots of double glazed windows & doors LOOK sturdy, but are not fitted securely... I recently had Mark check mine for me.  If I didn't have 'iron work' even I could of gained access, after mark showed me how badly fitted they are!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Attempted Break In
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 12:13:16 PM »
It is astonishing how easily you can get into badly fitted doors and windows, if like MArk, you know what you are doing.

To take it a stage further, it is also amazing how easy it is to remove badly fitted security bars. In some cases they can be manually removed in less than a minute with the minimum of effort or noise.

If anyone wants the details for a top class bar man (man who makes bars, not some cocktail tossing gigolo lol) let me know.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Attempted Break In
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 12:55:40 PM »
:( I am just reading this and thinking how sad it is that all of you have to resort to bars etc, in your home. I sincerely hope things improve for you. We only ever hear of break ins but not of people getting caught. ;)

Offline Eric

Attempted Break In
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 13:51:40 PM »
In answer to your question of "how do they get in"....
We have what we thought were secure double glazed patio doors with no outside handles...they put crowbars in the place where the 2 doors meet, prized them apart enough to pop the locks and bingo they were in with very little noise!
Now alarmed and extra locks I hasten to add  ;)
Fi & Eric

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Attempted Break In
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 16:17:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

If anyone wants the details for a top class bar man (man who makes bars, not some cocktail tossing gigolo lol) let me know.

LOL :D   Scunner,  we've got the bars, so could you send me the details of the cocktail tossing gigolo instead ? :-\: :)

Offline sarrup

Attempted Break In
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 16:54:33 PM »
Private chat removed by Scunner

Offline friar tuck

Attempted Break In
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 17:14:04 PM »
stop what
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 08:08:59 AM by friar tuck »

Offline friar tuck

Attempted Break In
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 07:55:33 AM »
/www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12883&Banner=55
www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16513&Banner=149
www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14391&Banner=53
scunner why pick on me  ??[?]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 08:00:48 AM by friar tuck »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Attempted Break In
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 08:29:04 AM »
Two of those are from the kids forum! That is what it is for, for the younger ones to chat to each other - they do that, they don't generally have a lot to say about Tapu's and the price of cooked chicken.

The other is from a returning restaurant waiter, letting people know he has returned - in the bar & restaurant discussion forum!

I am not picking on you - when a topic ends with one member talking directly to another, like they were in a private conversation on MSN, then it is taking the discussion off topic and is also considered rather rude.

Like is happening right now - you have engaged me in a 1 to 1 conversation in a topic called "Attempted Break In".

As a general rule of thumb, type out what you want to post, then look at the topic heading, and ask if what you just wrote is relevant to it.

It isn't rocket science, there is a private message facility, which is quite useful for...private messages  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf