Author Topic: Proposed Cement Factory in Uzumlu  (Read 20608 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Proposed Cement Factory in Uzumlu
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2007, 17:00:09 PM »
I'll get the violin case packed and do a horse's head count  ;)

Offline Firo

« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2007, 19:52:50 PM »
Scunner what can you do to help?

With your contacts in building eg planners, Belidere etc etc start asking awkward questions about why they haven't stopped this factory plan and what are they going to do about it? Are they going to compensate you if you cannot sell your development? You may not be able to see it but you sure as hell will have difficulty selling homes if it goes ahead.
How will you cope if in 2 years a customer, who purchases a house from you, say next month, asks why didn't you tell us about it when we bought and what did you do to try and stop it?
Sign the petition and get anyone else you know affected (estate agents, builders) to sign it as well.
If you have any news paper contacts pass them on to me and I will contact them it helps us raise the profile of the case.
So generally talk to everyone you know because one of them might just know the right person to get it stopped.

Many thanks
Fi

Offline voyageur

« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2007, 05:58:42 AM »
Well said Fi!
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

Scunner what can you do to help?

With your contacts in building eg planners, Belidere etc etc start asking awkward questions about why they haven't stopped this factory plan and what are they going to do about it? Are they going to compensate you if you cannot sell your development? You may not be able to see it but you sure as hell will have difficulty selling homes if it goes ahead.
How will you cope if in 2 years a customer, who purchases a house from you, say next month, asks why didn't you tell us about it when we bought and what did you do to try and stop it?
Sign the petition and get anyone else you know affected (estate agents, builders) to sign it as well.
If you have any news paper contacts pass them on to me and I will contact them it helps us raise the profile of the case.
So generally talk to everyone you know because one of them might just know the right person to get it stopped.

Many thanks
Fi

Offline Firo

« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2007, 08:48:49 AM »
I have just returned from The Belidere at Uzumlu and wish to thank all the expats that turned out in support of our Turkish working party at very short notice. There were Turks, English & Germans there for a meeting with the local Mayor.
Afterwards I attended the full council meeting where we were finally given the councils full support and we left them with the thought "do you want industry or Tourism for Uzumlu?" It was pointed out in clear terms that once 1 cement factory opens there could be no stopping others in the future.

I am now off to Saklikent with the working party to meet with the Vali from Mugla and present our petition.

Next week on Tues 11th Sept a meeting and press conference is taking place at Esnaf Sanatlaar Odasi with representatives of the small business bureau (who fully support us). All are welcome the more the better so if you want to help please turn up in support at 1.50pm.

It is on the Migros road heading from Calis to Fethiye pass the Garanti new bank on past Koc Bank and the brand new building is about 50mts further on before you get to Migros.

So to all of you who ask what can we do?.....please turn up as there is power in numbers and will be broadcast on TV.

Many thanks
Fi
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 08:50:06 AM by Firo »

Offline batman

« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2007, 16:12:54 PM »
Well done !!! At least the Uzumlu council is now on side. I was a bit worried about that. Keep up the good work all of you, it realy is appreciated back here in the UK.

Offline hamilton

« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2007, 17:45:24 PM »
There is little we can do back in the UK, could I thank everyone for their efforts, its much appreciated from a soon to be resident.

Thanks

Offline Firo

« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2007, 14:39:49 PM »

Offline Jo Tomkinson

« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2007, 18:24:12 PM »
Well done, you guys, you're doing a cracking job and as owners of property in Uzumlu, can't thank you enough for what you have done up to now.  Will be over in October, so perhaps will have the chance to meet up with some of you and if anything is going on at that time, will happy to give our support

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2007, 14:02:02 PM »
Fi  -  Thank you and the guys for everything you are doing - we look daily for news from you and keep everything crossed that 'the powers that be' will eventually see the light.

Offline Firo

« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2007, 17:27:33 PM »
Jo, I hope we will meet as we are neighbours :o. New house opposite Kev & Morags.
Take care and any new info will be posted.
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf