Author Topic: Record Rents in Istanbul  (Read 7579 times)

Offline sominekebap

Record Rents in Istanbul
« on: August 31, 2007, 10:44:21 AM »
TDN

In Besiktas there are places that request a rent of YTL10,000 for a 5 square meter office.

In Besiktas, one of the districts in Istanbul considered to be the place for shopping, rental prices have reached record sums on the Koyici Avenue called Carsi. Real Estate Agents say that the rental price for offices of 5-10 square meters is around YTL 10,000 a month and more.

:o

Offline starman

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 20:19:57 PM »
I have to follow the real estate market very closely for my clients and you should see the rent on a crappy 2 bed apart in Cihangir which is no better then tower hamlets.

Offline wickwilly

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 18:09:31 PM »
I thought Cihangir was supposed to be the new Levent :)

Offline starman

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 20:56:13 PM »
Cihangir is a toilet full of trannies and pikeys. Bebek is the place to be.

Offline wickwilly

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 16:36:19 PM »
yes. Was there last week.

Offline Linda1953

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 11:14:08 AM »
whats a pikey?

Moda Kadikoy is expensive.  I went to galatasary to look at a room in an apartment. They wanted 600 lira for a poxy room that I wouldnt have put a gerbil in the place was dark gloomy and not very welcoming at all.  

I am sharing an apartment with 2 other teachers and we each pay 530 lira. Then we discovered another 73 lira EACH slapped on top of that for apartment maintenance and heating.  So that is another 150 lira on top of the rent we were told in the first place.  Exit stage left at some point I think...........................

There was an article in TDN recently about students not being able to find cheap digs near to the universities so many of them share to lessen the costs.  

Rentals here are outrageous in my view. Although Moda is an expensive area.  Bakirkoy you can get 2 bed apartments for 500 lira depending on the area I suppose so a Turkish friend of mine told me.  

Bebek is also expensive I have heard.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 12:03:57 PM »
Copied From the Urban Dictionary

From the English "turnpike", the place where itinerent travellers and thieves would camp near a settlement.

Pikey is not a racial group, the term is used to describe anyone who lives in a caravan or shares the same values and "culture" of "the travelling community", and whose main sources of income are as follows:

Stealing cars, flogging roses in pubs for "childrens' charities", nicking lead off roofs, burgling garden sheds, blagging entry to old peoples house to rob them, doing dodgy tarmac jobs ("we've got some black stuff left over from a job up the road"), sometimes with mint imperials used as a substitute for white chippings, or, reportedly, using snow to lay slabs on when the sand ran out, stealing your removed_by_swear_filter if they weren't in a bag and anything else that's not nailed down and anything that is nailed down but will fit in the back of an untaxed Transit when nobody's looking.

Characterised by lurchers on a string, a unintelligible language that "isn't English, it isn't Irish, it's just Pikey" (source: Film: Snatch), a penchant for harecoursing, ketamine, lighter fuel, fighting in pubs and shopping at Lidl

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 12:41:08 PM »
Apart from that kkob they are bloody nice people i live near a load at Catalarik ,hope they don't read this wont have any fence left  .

Lance

Offline starman

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 18:29:58 PM »
Moda is cheap and so is Bakirkoy but it is a pain to get in to town from Bakirkoy and wouldnt dream of living there. 150 lira for kapici and heating is very cheap.
Galata was and still is in most areas a toilet where the dregs of society lives but a lot of the old abandoned houses are now getting renovated thanks to a new law and some of them are really nice. I looked at one 2 bed place and they wanted 4500 euros for it.
Most expats live on the Bosphorus corridor between Ortakoy and Tarabya.

Offline Linda1953

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 17:59:26 PM »
Moda is not cheap Starman so I hate to have to disagree with you there. Turks say here that Moda is an expensive part of Kadikoy. Some parts of Bakirkoy I believe are becoming expensive depending on the area. Galatasary was a dump.  150 lira for kapici and heating might be cheap to you but not to us.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf