Author Topic: Crikes - water bill  (Read 7605 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Crikes - water bill
« on: October 08, 2007, 12:09:40 PM »
I have just had the shock of my life.  Our water bill - for one year, has finally been produced (after months of asking for it).  Total ....wait for it.....£600.00.  Surely this can't be right ?  Yes we have a pool, and I guess the sprinklers have been on quite a bit over the summer for the garden, but surely this can't be right ?  Its dearer than Cambridge !  Can any one give me a pointer as to how much we should expect ?    :o :o :o[xx(]

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
Crikes - water bill
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 12:29:56 PM »
Did your builder pay his water bill after construction had finished?
The nice people who built our house tried to leave us with an £800 water bill, took a lot of sorting out.

Have also heard that houses with pools in Uzumlu pay extra for water, only hearsay so check with another resident from your area.
Good luck

Offline calvin 1949

Crikes - water bill
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 12:49:30 PM »
Hi just paid mine, 972ytl ,changing garden to pebbles and looking for well water  with devining sticks ,and just one bath a month!!!!!!!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Crikes - water bill
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 12:51:10 PM »
 :o OMG, thats ridiculous,surely something amiss there.:(.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Crikes - water bill
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 13:04:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by calvin 1949

Hi just paid mine, 972ytl ,changing garden to pebbles and looking for well water  with devining sticks ,and just one bath a month!!!!!!!

Oh !  That was you we niffed as we came up the Uzumlu road the other night - thought it was the goat sheds  :o ;)

Please some one tell me this is wrong......I will check whether the builder paid his part, me thinks not.:(

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Crikes - water bill
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 13:06:44 PM »
Calvin  - how long was this for, do you live there permanently ?  
Ours was for one year, but only one pool fill and 5 weeks of showers and washing machine etc.   ??

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Crikes - water bill
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 13:58:29 PM »
Lots of members seem to be receiving, ridiculously high Water & Electricity bills  :o

Not a worry for me yet... over there  8) I'm basing my comment on what I pay here in the UK, & it's NOT anywhere near the amounts that have been quoted, I'd have a heart attack if they were  :o

Good luck sorting it, something is definitely wrong...

Offline calvin 1949

Crikes - water bill
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 14:17:10 PM »
pookie, tryng to find out how long it is for ,think it is for 1 year ,i must learn to make notes on payments ,connot remember when i last paid , the old grey matter not what it was ,we are semi permenant at the moment ,have to go back every three months to see docter, we have a lot of grass and large pool will have to moniter usage per month

Offline LoubyLou

Crikes - water bill
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 15:13:30 PM »
Pookie - while I've not seen our bill, my parents have and told me it was 50YTL. This would have included all the water the builders used for renovation work in February/March, and then we had it on constantly over the 5 weeks we were there pouring into the garden to soften the soil, and then at least an hour a night watering since we left by our neighbour. Domestically, we probably didn't use that much - just showers and the odd bit of washing up and filling the kettle & water containers. But we don't have a pool either and as you know your rates are triple as a pool owner. Your bill sounds way over the top though. I would get it checked out - sounds like the builders used your water to build all of the villas in your plot in you ask me. Good luck! I don't think filling your pool with water should make such a huge difference to the bill as you have only done it once.

Offline mikew

Crikes - water bill
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 15:34:35 PM »
We also have had a very large water bill of just over £800. When I checked with the water man at the Beledisi he blamed the builder! I also tackled the Estate Agent about this but he didn't want to know! needless to say I won't be reccomending either. The Estate Agent isn't I may add Yetkin. One way to check on the cost is to multiply the meter reading by 1.75YTL which is the charge made per cubic metre if you have a pool. Still cheaper than UK if your'e metered and have a pool.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf