Author Topic: Crikes - water bill  (Read 7646 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Crikes - water bill
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 07:57:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by cef

quote:
Originally posted by GordonA
 P.S. NEVER ask Loz what time it is 8) :o

[?] :-\ Now, we are ALL interested Gordy :D:D ;)

[?] obviously a private joke....??

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 18:24:41 PM »
Have lived here 18 months and finally received our first water bill - 700ytl (1.5 ytl per unit). This I would think is a good guide for those of you with a pool and a smallish grassed area. I am quite careful with the water for the grass. Note Turkish 'gardeners' around here keep the water on sprinkler for days on end on behalf of absent British owners in UK!!!! They don't have to pay the bill!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Crikes - water bill
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 09:32:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by chris tippett

Have lived here 18 months and finally received our first water bill - 700ytl (1.5 ytl per unit). This I would think is a good guide for those of you with a pool and a smallish grassed area. I am quite careful with the water for the grass. Note Turkish 'gardeners' around here keep the water on sprinkler for days on end on behalf of absent British owners in UK!!!! They don't have to pay the bill!

Thank you - I would have thought that this was a reasonable guide and was what we were expecting !  We will be speaking to our garden to tell him to cut back a bit !!

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Crikes - water bill
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 10:56:30 AM »
Pookie - A garden that listens - Prince Charles would be very interested - in fact so would the whole world - you could make some serious money with that and then to hell with the water bills :) :):P

Offline batman

Crikes - water bill
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 17:53:56 PM »
Hi pookie, we found out the hard way like you, we had a £500 water bill for May-August the other year and we were not there !! it was all down to the gardener at the time he would leave the water gushing out of the hose overnight! Since changing our gardener I think our water bill this year is going to be around £300 and that includes filling a very big pool.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Crikes - water bill
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 22:43:37 PM »
:D G.B. PMSL, this is a serious water bill and POOKIE lets know what the garden said, I wonder if that is the definition of a grass. ;)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Crikes - water bill
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 11:14:12 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:D G.B. PMSL, this is a serious water bill and POOKIE lets know what the garden said, I wonder if that is the definition of a grass. ;)

LOL :D  Whispering grass, don't tell the trees, cos the trees don't need to Know....... :)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Crikes - water bill
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 11:29:21 AM »
:D LOL  :) ;)

Offline wickwilly

Crikes - water bill
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 18:57:10 PM »
Hi Pookie. Uzumlu has the highest water charges in the area. Your best bet is to get rid of all your grass and just have gravel etc. We found we saved a lolt of money by just doing away with the grass. Our bill is still around 400 YTL evry 6 months though.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Crikes - water bill
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2007, 07:47:13 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by wickwilly

Hi Pookie. Uzumlu has the highest water charges in the area. Your best bet is to get rid of all your grass and just have gravel etc. We found we saved a lolt of money by just doing away with the grass. Our bill is still around 400 YTL evry 6 months though.

Thanks Wickwilly  -  I guess once we pay this years bill we will be able to keep a closer eye on it.  We are out tomorrow _YIPPEEE - so will talk to our Agent about the watering habits !  We love our garden and don't really want to give up the grass, but may have to !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf