Author Topic: Guided walks in Uzumlu area  (Read 5829 times)

Offline friar tuck

Guided walks in Uzumlu area
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 16:14:40 PM »
It was very tough going it is OK if you are super fit like the guy I did it with, must admit he was very paitent with me it took us 2 hours to get up there and 1 hour to get back, first 20 mins the going was very steep , I am use to nice steady walks in the Peak District , John my walking partner is use to hill climbing in the Lake District, may be I would do it again but I must get fitter first and cut out the pides at Mustafas and the drinking at the Wine House.
:D 8)

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 09:06:51 AM »
The approach to Cadianda from Uzumlu was tough enough on a scooter! Never mind a hike, however in saying that its well worth taking the time to visit. It definatly up there on my personal top 5 things to do over there.

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 11:18:52 AM »
Thanks to all , back in Uk till March , but the person who wants to organise the walks is Turgut at the Wine House perhaps if you contact Aysha she can intrpret for you Regards Calvin

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 22:19:15 PM »
Hi, Calvin - yes, Rob and I would be interested in Guided Walks in Uzumlu - as long as they end up at a bar!![:o)]

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 09:43:17 AM »
hi bikerchick, perehaps next we could set up a motorcross course,you got a side car yet?

Offline carlan

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 11:14:47 AM »
Oh please calvin..... not in Uzumlu!!! :( Nearly been mown down by a quad many a time, they are a menace, not in Uzumlu granted. Motorcross is not quite the same thing I know, but you know what they say about the 'thin edge of the wedge'!!  :)

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 13:54:43 PM »
Hi Calvin - well since you mentioned it - we are actually getting 2 double sidecars (one each side of the bike) so we can take passengers! Thinking of starting a bike taxi service but yes motorcross track would be great idea!

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 15:14:28 PM »
hi carlan ,i was joking sorry if upset you mind you bike taxi service sounds good

Offline carlan

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 15:48:05 PM »
Hi calvin, phew, thank goodness for that!!  :) Your idea just made me think back to the days when Hisaronu was just a beautiful rustic hamlet, couldn't bear it if the same ever happened around Uzumlu.
Bike taxis? mmmmmmm

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 23:17:22 PM »
I was thinking of bar transfers, not airport transfers on my bike!  Or bread deliveries? Or injured/lame/or drunk walkers!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf